What is iBanking One Time Password?
iBanking One Time Password, also previously known as iB Message is an existing security feature introduced by DBS. You will need to have a mobile number registered with the Bank to receive iB OTP via SMS. iB OTP is used for the following services:
- Login - An 8-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS. SMS Login is a new feature introduced in Dec 2012 as a second factor authentication.
- Transactions - An 8-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS to authorise and complete selected transactions such as Update Personal Details online.
- Notifications - SMS alerts will be sent to your registered mobile number upon completion of your online transactions.
IMPT NOTE: You will need to have a registered mobile number in order to proceed with the following transactions:
- Add Payee
- Funds Transfers (Overseas)
- Bill Payment
- Update Personal Details
- Mailing Address Update (foreign address update only)
How do I register or update my mobile phone number to receive iBanking OTP?
You can register your mobile phone number to receive iB OTP via the following channel:
- iBanking - Simply select My Preferences > Personal Details Update. You will need your DBS iB Secure Device to complete this transaction.
- Any DBS or POSB ATM - Simple select
- More Services
- Card/PIN/iBanking/Phone Banking
- Register Mobile Phone for iBanking OTP
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you do not have access to the internet or any of our ATMs, complete the Application Form. Your application will be processed within 3 working days upon receipt of the completed form.