- Why do I need to activate my new DBS/POSB Credit Cards before use?
Banks are taking extra steps to protect their Cardholders to reduce the possibility of fraudulent transactions being undertaken by unauthorised parties.
- Which types of Credit Cards need to be activated?
All new, replacement or renewal DBS/POSB Credit Cards; principal and supplementary Cards, including DBS Commercial Cards, will require activation. For Frequently Asked Questions on DBS Commercial Cards, please click here.
- Where do I activate my DBS/POSB Credit Card?
You can activate your Card via any one of the indicated channels:
Please note: Service is currently unavailable to Migrated debit and ATM cards, DBS Business Advance Debit Cards and DBS Virtual Cards.
- at any DBS/POSB ATM
- send in the 'Mail-In Activation Slip' which will be included as part of the Card mailer.
- Can I use my Credit Card immediately after activation?
Activation via ATM and iBanking will be immediate. For activation request via Mail-in Activation Slip, your Card will be activated within 5 working days upon the Bank's receipt of the slip.
- Do I need to activate my DBS/POSB Credit Card immediately?
Upon receipt of your Card, we encourage immediate activation to ensure your transactions can occur smoothly so you can enjoy the privileges that comes with the Card.
For DBS Esso Platinum Card linked to Speedpass - Please activate the Card before paying with your Speedpass key tag at Esso service stations.
For DBS NUSS Platinum Credit Cards - Please activate the Card immediately to facilitate the debiting of the NUSS membership fee.
- If I am waiting for a replacement Card with the same Card number, can I continue to use my existing Card?
Yes, you can continue using your existing Card. Upon receipt of the replacement Card, please activate it immediately.
For DBS Esso Platinum Card linked to Speedpass - Please activate your replacement/renewal Card before paying with your Speedpass key tag at Esso service stations.
For NUSS Platinum Credit Cards - Please activate the Card immediately to facilitate the debiting of the NUSS membership fee.
- Does a supplementary Card require activation?
Yes. Supplementary Cards will also need to be activated by the supplementary Cardholder before use.
- I am a principal Cardholder. Can I activate the supplementary Card on behalf of the supplementary Cardholder?
No. Each Cardholder has to activate his or her own Card.
- Can my supplementary Card be activated before I activate my principal Card?
Yes, the supplementary Card can be activated prior to the activation of the principal Card.
- I am currently overseas. How can I activate my Credit Card?
Any one of the three ways indicated can be used to activate your Card from overseas:
- If you have a Telephone PIN, you may call our 24-hours Customer Service hotline at +65 6327 2265 and speak to one of our Customer Service Officers
- Mail us the activation slip enclosed in the Card mailer
For Takashimaya Credit Cards only
- Will I be able to accumulate Takashimaya Bonus Points if my DBS Takashimaya Card is not activated?
You can only accumulate Takashimaya Bonus Points when your Card is activated.
- Will I be able to redeem my Takashimaya Bonus Points if my DBS Takashimaya Card is not activated?
You can only redeem your Takashimaya Bonus Points when your Card is activated.
- If I replace my DBS Takashimaya Card with a new Card number, will my Takashimaya Bonus Points be transferred to the new Card number automatically?
In the event that the Card is replaced with a new Card number, Takashimaya Bonus Points will not be transferred from old Card to new Card.
- I received my renewed DBS Takashimaya Card. Do I need to redeem my Takashimaya Bonus Points stored in my old Card before using my renewed Card?
Yes, you will need to redeem your Takashimaya Bonus Points stored in your old Card, before:
- the Card expires and
- activation of your renewal Card.
All points unredeemed in the old Card will be forfeited upon expiry date or upon activation of the renewal Card.