iBanking OTP Required for Bill Payment FAQs
- What is iBanking OTP?
iBanking One Time Password, also previously known as iB Message is an existing security feature introduced by DBS. You will need to have a mobile number registered with the Bank to receive iB OTP via SMS. iB OTP is used for the following services:
SMS Login - An 8-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS. SMS Login is a new feature introduced in Dec 2012 as an alternative second factor authentication on top of using the iB Secure Device.
Transactions - An 8-digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS to authorise and complete selected transactions such as Update Personal Details.
Notifications - SMS alerts will be sent to your registered mobile number upon completion of your online transactions.
To learn more about iBanking OTP, how to register iBanking OTP and how to update your mobile phone number to receive iBanking OTP, please click here.
- Which are the billing organizations that require iBanking OTP?
The following organizations that require you to have an iBanking OTP mobile number to receive notifications are:
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- Philippine National Bank
- DBS India
- AXIS BANK INDIA
- SBI Singapore
- AmFraser Securities Pte Ltd
- CIMB Securities Spore Pte Ltd
- CMC Markets (S) Pte Ltd
- DBS Vickers Securities (S) Pte Ltd
- DMG & Partners Securities Pte Ltd
- Gain Capital -Forex.com
- IG Markets
- Kim Eng Securities Pte Ltd
- Lim & Tan Securities (S) Pte Ltd
- Philip Futures (Pte) Ltd
- Philip Securities (Pte) Ltd
- UOB Kay Hian Pte Ltd
- IFast Financial Pte Ltd
- American Express Cards
- Diners Club
- DBS Cashline
- Why is iBanking OTP required for payments made to these billing organizations?
iBanking OTP has been introduced for bill payment to securities’ firms, credit cards and in the cases where the ultimate beneficiary account is outside Singapore.
All bill payments made to the list above fall into this category and hence iBanking OTP Authorisation is required.
- What is the benefit of using iBanking OTP for these billing organizations?
We are committed to offering you the highest level of online security. A registered mobile number provides additional protection against unauthorized access to your online account.
SMS alert will be sent to your registered mobile phone number to provide timely alerts to customers of transactions not effected by them. Such alerts will help to safeguard your interests.
- When will iBanking OTP be implemented for bill payment?
iBanking OTP for bill payment comes into effect from 25th November 2007.
- Is there any additional charges for my bill payments due to iBanking OTP?
DBS has not imposed any additional charges. For charges levied by the billing organizations, please check with the billing organizations directly.
- Is there any delay in my beneficiary receiving the amount due to iBanking OTP?
There is no delay in the bill payment process, once the payment has been authorised online using iBanking OTP. Please check with the billing organizations directly on the time taken to credit beneficiary.
- I have not registered iBanking OTP with DBS. I need to send money urgently. Can I skip the iBanking OTP Authorisation?
All bill payments to ICICI Bank/HDFC Bank/PNB/securities firms/credit cards require iBanking OTP in order for the transaction to proceed. As such, you will not be able to skip the process.
Please also kindly note that the cut off time bill payment is 11.30 pm.
General FAQ on Bill Payment
- What can I do if I need to pay a company that is not in the list?
For companies that are not in our current list of bill payment organisations, please help us by writing to us about this company using the General Enquiry Form . We will try our best to sign up the merchant as a bill payee corporation.
- What is my 'Consumer Reference Number'?
Your Consumer Reference/Account No is the number given by the billing corporation. This number is normally shown on your bill. For example, your credit card number, membership number or utilities account number.
- Do I have total control over my bill payments?
Bill Payment lets you decide when to pay and how much to pay. Nothing happens unless you activate the payment by clicking on the 'Submit' button.
- Is Bill Payment easily accessible?
Bill Payment is available 24 hours daily and you can pay from practically anywhere. All you need is a phone or Internet access.
- Is the service free?
The service is free.
- How do I register my bill details?
You only need to register your bill details once and this can be done easily via the options below. Please have your bill ready as you will need to give us your reference/account number.
Any POSB or DBS branches
- Log on to DBS iBanking
- Click on "Payments"
- Select "Bill Payment: Manage Billing Arrangements"
- Select "Add New Billing Arrangement"
- Select the organization that you would like to make payment to and type in your consumer reference number
- Just complete the Bill Payment Arrangement form and return it to us
- Can I make an immediate bill payment?
Yes. You can make your payments via iBanking or Phone Banking immediately after you have registered. We will also send you a confirmation letter for your record. You can select any corporations in the drop-down list of organizations to make payment. Alternatively, you can also personalize your bill payment list by selecting companies that you frequently make payments to.
- How do I make payments?
To pay your bills via:
- Click on "Payments"
- Select "Bill Payment"
- Select any of the participating organisations or select from your own personalised list of bill payment records
- Enter the payment details, and confirm the transaction
Please have the reference of your bill payee code* and your consumer reference number ready
*Bill payee code will be made available to you upon confirmation of your Bill Payment Arrangement via Phone Banking.
- Enter transaction code "04"
- Select option "1" and follow the instruction