500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Multiplying is easier for everyone now
At a Glance
The easier way for you, you, you and you to multiply your money.
Earn up to 8x more interest with Multiplier
Multiply your money now with higher interest rates of 0.30% - 0.40% p.a. on the first S$10,000 of your savings. That’s up to 8X more compared to a regular savings account.
Boost your savings’ interest rate, when you pay with PayLah!
Best part is there is no minimum PayLah! retail spend needed.
Supercharge your interest rate, by crediting your income to a DBS/POSB account
As long as your income and PayLah! retail spend adds up to S$500 a month, you’ll qualify!
How it works
Everyone can earn higher interest on Multiplier Account balances through ONE of these ways:
Income and PayLah! Retail Spend [New]
Credit your income and transact with PayLah! for retail spend, adding up to S$500 or more.
PayLah! Retail Spend (29 years old and below with no eligible income)[New]
Transact with PayLah! for retail spend with no minimum spend required.
Do you have a Credit Card / Home Loan / Insurance / Investment with us?
Earn higher interest on Multiplier Account balances up to 3.00% p.a. when you do these transactions with DBS/POSB every month and that your eligible transactions add up to S$2,000 or more. Learn more
Start by transacting with PayLah! for retail spend and earn an even higher interest rate when you credit your income with us
This is Andrea. She’s 21 years old, full-time student and spends S$100 through DBS PayLah! Scan and Pay.
With S$4,000 in her Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$100, she qualifies for interest of
- 0.30% p.a. for the first S$10,000 in her Multiplier Account and
- Prevailing base interest rate for balances above S$10,000.
Andrea will increase her interest rate from 0.30% p.a. to 0.40% p.a. when she credits her income through internships, part-time work or collecting dividends, if her monthly eligible transactions amount add up to S$500 or more a month.
William receives S$630 monthly allowance credited to his DBS/POSB savings account and has DBS PayLah! Retail Spend of S$100.
With S$5,000 in his Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$730, he qualifies for interest of
- 0.40% p.a. for the first $10,000 in his Multiplier Account and
- Prevailing base interest rate for balances above S$10,000.
As a driver, Dave earns S$800 a month which is credited to his DBS/POSB savings account and spends S$100 on DBS PayLah! retail spend.
With S$5,000 in his DBS Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$900, he qualifies for interest of
- 0.40% p.a. for the first S$10,000 in his Multiplier Account and
- Prevailing base interest rate for balances above S$10,000
Salary Credit to any DBS/POSB Deposit Account
- Salary must be credited via GIRO, using transaction reference codes 'SAL' or 'PAY'. Main transaction description in Statement of Account is either 'GIRO Salary' or 'Salary'.
- Salary can be credited into any of your personal or joint DBS/POSB SGD-denominated savings/ current accounts.
Dividend Credit to any DBS/POSB Deposit Account
- Eligible dividends: Central Depository Pte Ltd (CDP), DBS Vickers Securities, DBS Online Equity Trading (OET), DBS Unit Trusts, DBS Online Funds Investing, DBS Invest-Saver.
- Dividends must be credited into any of your personal or joint DBS/POSB savings/current accounts, DBS Wealth Management Account, Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) account and CPF Investment Account (CPFIA).
Calculate your Interest
Use the calculator to find out how much could you earn per year with the DBS Multiplier Account. Oh, did we mention that there’s no minimum transaction amount required for PayLah! retail spend?
Step 1: Enter your Multiplier account balance
Step 2: Enter your transaction amounts
Get more when you transact with PayLah! for retail spend
With PayLah! spend of S$0 and income of S$0, your total month eligible transaction amount of S$0.
Breakdown of Interest Rate(s)
The calculated interest you're seeing is an estimate based on the assumption that your balance stays the same throughout. The calculated daily interest value is rounded off to 2 decimal places and then summed up for an entire year of 365 days.
Features & Benefits
The DBS Multiplier Account is a personal account without cheque facilities.
You can access Bank & Earn Summary via digiBank online or digibank mobile.
Save and transact in SGD and 12 foreign currencies
Same-day transfers at zero or lower fees when you remit funds online to selected countries. Learn more
Ready to Multiply?
For new DBS customers, please prepare the following required documents prior to your application.
Eligibility & Fees
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- No initial deposit required. No monthly account fees.
- If this is your first account with us, open online now and there will be no minimum average daily balance required.
- Fall-below fee of S$5 if average daily balance falls below S$3,000 (based on total SGD equivalent of SGD & foreign currency balances). This fall-below fee is waived for you up until 29 years old.
- Early closure fees of S$30 if account is closed within 6 months.
Join our Online Facebook Community
On the lookout for tips to multiply your savings? Want to join like-minded, financially savvy people to learn, share and grow together? Join us today!
Higher interest rates are applicable to the S$ balance in your DBS Multiplier Account, up to the first S$100,000. Any amount over and above this will be accorded the prevailing interest rate for that month. Interest is credited in 2 parts:
base interest at our prevailing interest rate, calculated on daily balances will be credited at month end, and
preferential interest at the preferential interest rate (which is the higher interest rate less the prevailing interest rate) based on the sum of your eligible transactions with us, calculated on daily balances, by the 7th working day of the following month.
If your transactions do not meet the criteria, the S$ balance in your DBS Multiplier Account will be accorded the prevailing interest rate for that month.
Foreign currency transactions are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, which may result in capital gains or losses; such accounts may also be subject to exchange controls imposed on the currency held.
Fall-below fee is waived for DBS Multiplier Account holders up to 29 years old, effective from May 2018 onwards.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.