Submit Form W-8BEN to trade in the US market
Form W-8BEN is a requirement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to document that an account holder is the beneficial owner of the income and is not a U.S. person. This form has to be completed before placing any trade in the U.S. Markets.Part of: Guides > Your Guide to DBS Vickers Online Trading Account
Steps to trade in the United States (U.S.) Markets
- Step 1: Download and Print a copy of the Form W-8BEN.
- Step 2: Indicate your DBS Vickers Online Trading Account Number on the top right corner and fill in the details for all applicable fields of the Form W-8BEN.
- Step 3: Mail the completed Form W-8BEN to us using our Business Reply Envelope (BRE).
- Step 4: Once the W-8BEN form is processed, Activate Foreign Markets Trading online via your DBS Vickers Online platform.
- Submission of Form W-8BEN is compulsory to trade in the U.S. Markets and will remain in effect starting from the date the form is signed and submitted to the last day of the third subsequent calendar year.
- Instructions for Form W-8BEN by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support