FAQs – DBS Rewards Points
Do I qualify for DBS Points?
All DBS Credit Cardmembers are eligible for DBS Points Redemption Programme. However, the Programme does not apply to the following cards:-
- DBS Corporate Liability Card (MasterCard Corporate/ Executive and Visa Corporate/ Business)
- DBS Purchasing Card
- Country Club Corporate Card
- DBS Live Fresh Card
- DBS Takashimaya Card
- DBS Esso Card
- DBS yuu Card
- SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card
- POSB Credit Card
- DBS and POSB Debit Cards
How do I earn DBS Points?
You earn 1 DBS Point for every S$5 retail purchase charged to your DBS Credit Card. DBS Points are calculated on per transaction basis and rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Are there any transactions that don’t earn DBS points?
DBS Points will not be awarded for:
- Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS
- Payments to educational institutions
- Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified here)
- Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums)
- Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages)
- Payments to hospitals
- Payments to utilities
- Payment to non-profit organisations
- Betting (including lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, off-track betting, and wagers at race tracks) through any channel
- Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid cards, any prepaid accounts or purchase of prepaid cards/credits (including but not limited to EZ-Link, GrabPay, NETS FlashPay, Razer Pay, ShopeePay, Singtel Dash and Transit Link)
- Any transaction with transaction description “AMAZE*”
- Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS).
Can Supplementary Cardmembers earn and redeem DBS Points?
Supplementary Cardmembers will earn DBS Points, and these points will be accumulated in the Principal Cardmember's account, and only the Principal Cardmember can redeem DBS Points for rewards. However, Supplementary Cardmembers may also utilise the Rewards Vouchers issued to the Principal Cardmember.
When do my DBS Points expire?
Your DBS Points will expire one year from the quarterly period in which they were earned.
|DBS Points Earned Between||DBS Points Expiry Date|
1 Jan - 31 Mar 2022
31 Mar 2023
1 Apr - 30 Jun 2022
30 Jun 2023
1 Jul - 30 Sep 2022
30 Sep 2023
1 Oct - 31 Dec 2022
31 Dec 2023
How do I check and redeem my DBS Points?
Your DBS Points appear on your monthly Credit Card statement. You may also log in to our online DBS Rewards redemption website or DBS PayLah! app to check your available points and make a redemption.
From the time of my redemption, how long will it take till I receive my voucher(s)?
You will receive your voucher within 7 working days. This includes time required for processing your request and delivery to your billing address by normal surface mail.
Can I exchange or extend the expiry date of the voucher(s)?
We regret that cancellations of redemptions and requests for voucher exchanges will not be accepted. Expiry dates are clearly stated on each voucher and no extensions will be granted.
Can I use my DBS Points to waive my Credit Card annual fee?
Yes. You may use your DBS Points for a full waiver of both your Principal & Supplementary Card annual fees. Redemption must be made ONE month before your annual fee is due.
Please note that the annual fee will be reflected in your Credit Card statement, upon its due date, but will be reversed in the following month's statement. (E.g. your annual fee is due in May. You make your redemption in April (one month before due date). The annual fee is then reflected in your May account statement, and reversed in your June account statement.)
How do I convert DBS Points to air miles and is there a charge?
For transfers to KrisFlyer, Asia Miles or Qantas Points, conversion rate of 1 DBS point to 2 miles applies and transfers are accepted in blocks of 5,000 DBS Points (or 10,000 miles). For Air Asia BIG points, transfer is at the conversion rate of 1 DBS Point to 3 Air Asia BIG points and transfers are accepted in blocks of 500 DBS Points (or 1,500 Air Asia BIG points). Each conversion of DBS Points to miles by Cardmember to his/her designated airline’s programme will be subjected to a S$27.00 administration fee (inclusive of GST). For Air Asia BIG points conversion, the administrative fee is waived till 31 Dec 2023.
To redeem your DBS Points to miles, redemption can be made through our Rewards website or simply call our Customer Service Hotline at 1800-221-1111. Please note that the transfer process takes approximately 1 - 2 weeks.