Riding the Tech-enabled Disruption
Despite the recent volatility in the global technology sector, the pace of innovation and the digitalization of our world is not slowing down. Being the backbone for various secular themes like Artificial Intelligence, New Commerce and even the Metaverse, the Technology sector still has a very long runway for growth. This was reflected in the recent US reporting season as Technology firms delivered strong earnings, translating into substantial gains for the sector. Expecting this strong earnings momentum to continue, our Chief Investment Office continues to have a positive view on the sector.
While engaging in this high growth sector, it is important to diversify, and the Franklin Technology fund is a great solution that allow investors to get diversified access to global innovation.
Franklin Technology Fund
What are the key characteristics of this fund?
- Active, diversified US-centric portfolio of around 90 holdings that stand to benefit from the development and use of technology.
- Fund’s top holdings are focused on the large cap established leaders while also investing in a long tail of smaller and emerging technology companies.
- Fund opportunistically invests into IPO and private companies and this sleeve has historically been a good source of alpha for the fund.
Why this Fund? 3 Reasons:
- The Team: Co-managed by 3 veteran portfolio managers and led by Johnathan Curtis who is supported by a well-resourced research analyst team. Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, they have great access to the inner workings of the industry.
- Diversified & Dynamic: Diversified and multi-theme approach to Technology investing instead of being concentrated on specific niche themes.
- Time-Tested: With close to 20 years track record, the fund has consistently outperformed its peers and managed to control its drawdowns
Start your investment journey
*All investments come with risks and you can lose money on your investment. Invest only if you understand and can monitor your investment. Diversify your investments and avoid investing a large portion of your money in a single product issuer.