500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Fixed Deposit – Singapore Dollar
At a Glance
The DBS Singapore Dollar (S$) Fixed Deposit Account gives you the opportunity to maximise your savings with attractive interest, while keeping your funds secure.
- Affordability and Convenience: fixed deposit amount begin at S$1,000 with a deposit tenor of your choice, and you can begin a new placement via iBanking or at any of our branches
- Added value: you may use your S$ Fixed Deposit as collateral for credit facilities (subject to credit approval) and may make a placement using cash or SRS.
Eligibility and Requirements
You are eligible for this account if you are at least 12 years old. For customers younger than 12 years, a trust minor account may be opened with a parent or legal guardian who is at least 21 years old.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. However, you may receive no or lesser interest than that originally contracted.
We adopt the industry's guideline of paying interest based on the completed quarters of a calendar year. That is, interest is not paid if the completed period of deposit is shorter than 3 months. However, do note that if the completed period of deposit is 3 months or more, you may still earn less or no interest. More importantly, we will return the full principal amount. Please check with our branch staff for more details and consider carefully before performing a premature withdrawal.
Can I convert my personal S$ Fixed Deposit Account into a joint account? Are there any charges for the conversion?
Yes, you may. Please visit any DBS/POSB branch to do so. There is no charge for the conversion.
We will close your account if the balance remains zero for 12 months.
For personal account, only the administrator or executor of your estate can make a claim on your account. Upon receiving notification of your death, the existing maturity instructions (e.g. issuance of cashier's order) given previously will no longer be valid. Upon maturity, the Fixed Deposit (principal and interest) will be automatically renewed for the same tenor at the prevailing interest rate. If your S$ Fixed Deposit Account is a joint account, the surviving account holder can claim the money in the account.
How to Apply
For digibank user
New to DBS?
Required documents for account opening at branch
Singapore citizens and permanent residents
- Singapore NRIC
- Passport and relevant pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority of Singapore; and
- Either one of the documents below for proof of address (within last 3 months)
- In-Principle-Approval letter issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM); or
- Utility bill; or
- Telephone bill; or
- Bank or credit card statements/bank reference letter; or
- Rental agreement; or
- Management fee bill; or
- Letter from the human resource department of current employer
Not a digibank user? Get started
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member.