500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
DBS Multi-Currency Account
Pay like a local, overseas & online
Access 12 foreign currencies and the Singapore dollar conveniently with one account and buy the foreign currencies at your preferred rates wherever you are, 24/7. Pay for shopping, dining and leisure with your linked DBS Visa Debit Card in up to 11 foreign currencies* with no foreign exchange fees. Your foreign currency transactions will be debited directly from the respective foreign currency wallet.
For example, when you make a EUR300 purchase in Paris using your linked DBS Visa Debit Card, EUR300 will be deducted directly from the available EUR funds in your MCA. There will be no foreign exchange conversion fees and no additional administrative fees incurred. This multi-currency feature also applies to online shopping as well as for overseas ATM cash withdrawals.
What's more, from now till 31st December 2017, simply spend a total of S$1,500 in foreign currencies on your DBS Visa Debit Card and get S$50 Cashback. Click here for more information.
Check out how this Singaporean tourist paid in foreign currency (USD) during his trip in Brooklyn, New York:
Before New York, our intrepid traveller was in Japan! Watch his colourful experience here.
Buy currency online 24/7, at your preferred exchange rate
Fund your foreign currency wallet by buying the currency at your preferred rates
3 Mar USD1 = SGD 1.50
5 Apr USD1 = SGD 1.49
6 Jun USD1 = SGD 1.47
(Rates are for illustration purposes only)
Lock in rates by performing a funds transfer into your MCA
Your Multi-Currency Account (MCA) holds SGD and 12 foreign currencies
Pay directly in foreign currency with your DBS Visa Debit Card
For overseas and online purchases as well as cash withdrawals from global ATMs. Overseas ATM charges may apply.
No foreign exchange conversion fees
No bulky cash
View your transactions and balances on-the-go via your mobile phone
*The Multi-Currency Account (MCA) has to be linked with your DBS Visa Debit Card as the primary debiting account to enjoy direct foreign currency payments. Renminbi Offshore (CNH) is not available for this card payment feature.
Click here for the frequently asked questions.
3 options of the Multi-Currency Account (MCA) to choose from to best meet your needs
If this is your first account with us, open online now and there will be no minimum average daily balance required.
eMulti-Currency Autosave (eMCA)
eMulti-Currency Autosave Plus
Multi-Currency Autosave Plus
Have a DBS Multi-Currency Account?
Sign up for the DBS Visa Debit Card and select your MCA account as the primary account during application to enjoy the card payment benefits.
Already have a DBS Visa Debit Card & Multi-Currency Account?
Primary link your DBS Visa Debit Card to your MCA instantly online. Simply select the "Change Card Linkage" function on internet banking or Digibank (mobile banking).
- One-time account opening and one account number for all 13 currencies
- [New] Link your MCA with the DBS Visa Debit Card as the primary account and enjoy the ability to transact and spend directly from up to 11 foreign currency wallets*
- [New] Ability to withdraw funds directly from your MCA foreign currency wallet(s) at ATMs globally using your linked DBS Visa Debit Card
- 24/7 easy conversion from one currency to another, to take advantage of any foreign exchange movement
- Ability to remit or receive foreign currency funds directly from and into your MCA account thus allowing you to save on foreign exchange fees
- All-in-one eStatement to show both SGD and foreign currency balances and transaction details.
Eligibility & Requirements
- At least 18 years old
- No initial deposit required
|eMulti-Currency Autosave (eMCA)||eMulti-Currency Autosave Plus (eMCA+)||Multi-Currency Autosave Plus(MCA+)|
Monthly Account Fee
Fall-below fee if the average daily balance falls below S$3,000*
(Waived up till 29 years old)
Cheque Book Charges
|N.A||The first SGD cheque book on account opening is free. Thereafter, it is S$10 per additional cheque book (50 leaves).|
Please refer to the Deposits Guide for the list of applicable fees.
*Based on total SGD equivalent of SGD and foreign currency balances
Convert existing Autosave Account
If you have an existing DBS Autosave Account with eStatement, convert it to DBS eMulti-Currency Autosave Plus now! Account number and services of your DBS Autosave will remain unchanged.
Convert to DBS eMulti-Currency Autosave Plus in 3 simple steps:
|Step 1:||Login to iBanking|
|Step 2:||Select Request on top right navigation > Select Other Services > Request for DBS Autosave Conversion|
|Step 3:||Confirm your account details and submit|
- Foreign currency transactions are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, which may result in capital gains or losses; such accounts may also be subject to exchange controls imposed on the currency held.
- Fall-below fee is waived for eMulti-Currency Autosave (eMCA) account holder up to 29 years old.