Scan and Pay FAQs and Terms & Conditions
Introduction to Scan and Pay
Scan and Pay is a functionality on DBS/POSB digibank and iWealth app. It enables customers to scan the following QR code for payment:
- NETS QR
- PayNow QR
- SGQR (supporting NETS and/or PayNow)
All DBS and POSB customers who have digibank/iwealth app will be able to use Scan and Pay.
Using Scan and Pay
Scan and Pay functionality can be used at merchants who accepts NETS and/or PayNow QR code. Simply look out for the logos below.
|Static QR Code
|Dynamic QR Code
|After the user scans the NETS QR code, he/she will be prompted to enter the amount payable.
|User only needs to scan the NETS QR code to make payment. (No need to enter amount payable)
When making a purchase at a merchant which accepts NETS QR Code transactions, a digibank user simply needs to:
- Click on Scan & Pay icon on the Home Screen to activate the QR Code Scanner. The customer will be authenticated via fingerprint and soft token*.
- Verify the payment details reflected on the NETS terminal or the receipt.
- Scan the QR Code on the NETS terminal or the receipt.
Once successful, a confirmation screen will appear on your digibank app and you will receive a confirmation SMS.
*If the customer has not registered for soft token, he or she has to add One Time Password received via SMS
There will be 2 different daily limits for Scan and Pay, if you scan:
- NETS QR: Your daily limit is capped at S$999. You can set and adjust the daily transaction limit by logging into digibank app and tap on More > Manage Scan and Pay.
- PayNow QR: Your daily limit follows your “Transfer To Other banks” daily limit. You can set and adjust the daily transaction limit by logging into digibank app and tap on More > Local Transfer Limit > To Other Banks.
Only DBS/POSB current/saving accounts can be used as the source of funds for Scan and Pay transaction. You can change the default source of funds by logging into digibank app and tap on More > Manage Scan and Pay.
When you are using Scan and Pay for first time, you will be asked to choose source account for first time and that will be set as a default account for Scan and Pay. You can change default account for Scan and Pay by tapping on Settings > Manage Scan and Pay.
A QR transaction is as secure as a NETS EFTPOS card & PIN transaction. The payment is processed via the scanning of a unique QR Code, on the digibank app, which is dynamically generated for every new transaction. Additionally, users have to log in to digibank app via fingerprint or password login each time to effect a QR Code payment.
You may delete the app to deactivate the service.
There are no fees associated with using Scan and Pay, as of November 2017.
Terms and Conditions
By making payment using Scan and Pay, you agree to the Terms and Conditions Governing Accounts, Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Services and the specific terms and conditions set out in the abovementioned FAQs.