Cancel your issued cheques at a lower fee via Phone Banking instantly.Part of: Guides > Voice Biometrics and Phone Banking PIN
- Issued cheques that have been deposited and presented into a recipient's bank account cannot be cancelled.
Your cancellation options
Cancel Cheque via DBS digibot
5 simple steps
Click on the numbers to view screens.
Click on located at the bottom right.
Type Stop Cheque into the chat.
Click Cancel cheque, followed by Authenticate Me.
Authenticate using either your iBanking login or your Card & PIN.
Select the Account you issued the cheque from and type in the Cheque Number(s) to submit your cancellation request.
- Dial 1800 111 1111 (from Singapore) or (+65) 6327 2265 (from Overseas).
- For a menu in English Press 1, for Mandarin Press 2.
- Enter your NRIC, Debit or Credit Card Number followed by # to proceed.
- Follow the steps for SMS OTP
- Select Deposit Account Related Services.
- Press 3 for Stop Payment of Cheque.
- Enter your Cheque Number followed by # to proceed.
- Press 1 to Confirm or 2 to Cancel your request.
- Cheque cancellation via Phone Banking is available between 7am to 11pm daily. On the last working day of every month, it is available between 7am to 9pm.
Video Teller Machine (VTM)
- Insert your NRIC, ATM/Debit/Credit Card or scan your Passport and complete the authentication process.
- Select Other Transactions, an Officer will be connected to assist you to cancel your cheque(s).
- Collect your NRIC, ATM/Debit/Credit Card before you leave our Video Teller Machine (VTM).
Find the nearest Video Teller Machine (VTM) using our Locator.
Cheque Cancellation Fees
|Cancellation Method||Cancellation Fees|
|Via Phone Banking||S$15 per cheque (Max. S$30)|
|Via DBS digibot / Video Teller Machine (VTM) / Branch||S$30 per cheque (Max. S$60)|
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support