Authentication in Phone Banking
SMS OTP is an easy way to verify your identity without having to remember any additional PIN or Password.
Part of: Guides > Voice Biometrics and Phone Banking PIN
- Ensure you have updated your mobile number.
How to complete Authentication in Phone Banking
- Dial 1800 111 1111 (from Singapore) or (+65) 6327 2265 (from Overseas).
- For a menu in English Press 1, for Mandarin Press 2.
- Enter your NRIC, Debit or Credit Card Number.
- If you do not have phone banking, you’ll automatically be offered to be authenticated by SMS OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Key in the 6-digit one-time password that you have received within 100 seconds.
- You have completed authentication and may now proceed with your request over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SMS OTP?
An SMS OTP (one-time password) is a secure authorization method where a numeric code is sent to a mobile number via SMS.
How to apply for SMS OTP?
As long as you are a DBS/POSB customer with a registered mobile number, and you have not applied for phone banking, you are automatically eligible.
Are phone banking customers not eligible?
SMS OTP will be progressively rolled out to all customers. Stay tuned!
Was this information useful?