500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Benefit Scheme for DBS Cardholder's Purchases
IMPORTANT: This Benefit Scheme is provided by DBS on a discretionary basis and does not form part of DBS's legal relationship with and obligations to any Cardholders.
1.1 For the purposes of this Benefit Scheme, the following words shall have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires:
1.1.1 "Card" means any credit or charge card issued by DBS as a DBS Treasures Black Elite Card, DBS Black Card and DBS Altitude Card and bearing the name and or service mark of American Express.
1.1.2 "Cardholder" at any time means a person to whom a Card has been issued with that person's name printed or embossed thereon and which Card has not expired and has not been terminated at that time.
1.1.3 "Card Account" in relation to any Card means the account designated and maintained by DBS with respect to the Card.
1.1.4 "DBS" means DBS Bank Ltd.
1.1.5 "Goods" means any goods purchased by a Cardholder outside Singapore the payment for which was effected by the use of the Card issued to that Cardholder but shall not include any of the following:
a. money (in any currency or form);
b. any document whatsoever (whether cheque, draft or otherwise);
c. motor vehicles and motor vehicle accessories;
d. equipment machinery and parts purchased or used in the conduct of any business;
e. any plant, animal or living organism;
f. consumable items (including edible or perishable items).
g. any online purchases and any goods,services and items purchased over the internet
1.1.6 "in transit" in relation to any Goods means the process of transportation of the Goods from the point of delivery of the Goods by the vendor thereof to the Cardholder who purchased those Goods to such residence or place at which the Goods are intended to be first used or enjoyed and where the risk of loss or damage in transportation is borne by the Cardholder who purchased those Goods.
1.1.7 "Principal Cardholder" in relation to any Card Account means person liable to DBS on that Card Account but where two persons are liable to DBS in relation to any Card Account, the "Principal Cardholder" means the person requesting DBS to issue to him and any other persons the Card(s) to which that Card Account relates.
1.1.8 "Relevant Period" in relation to Goods in transit means: : the period beginning from the date of purchase of such Goods to 2359 hours on the 30th day thereafter. For the purpose of counting the number of days which elapse from the date of purchase, the first day shall be the date immediately following the date of purchase.
2. Scheme in Respect of Loss of or Damage to Goods
2.1 Waiver of charge in respect of loss of Goods: In the event that any Goods are lost in transit during the Relevant Period, DBS may on application of the Principal Cardholder of the Card Account of any Card to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and at its sole discretion and subject to the limits and the conditions set out herein, waive part of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods.
2.2 Discretion in respect of damage of Goods: In the event that any Goods are damaged in transit during the Relevant Period, DBS may on application of the Principal Cardholder of the Card Account of any Card to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and at its sole discretion and subject to the limits and the conditions set out herein, either offer to purchase those Goods from the Cardholder who purchased them at a price equal to the amount of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods or waive part of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods.
2.3 Limits: The limits applicable to Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above shall be as follows:
2.3.1 The limit on the amount of:
a. the charge to be waived in respect of; or
b. the price to be paid by DBS for, the purchase of any single article pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 shall be:
the lower of: (A) fifty per cent of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of the article, and (B) S$3,000 where the said Card Account is a DBS Treasures Black Elite or DBS Altitude Card, or S$2,000 where the said Card Account is a DBS Black Card.
2.3.2 The limit on the total of all amounts waived and or paid by DBS in respect of all applications submitted pursuant to Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above in any period of twelve consecutive months by that Principal Cardholder shall be the aggregate sum of (A) S$15,000 for all the Card Accounts of all Cards issued to the Principal Cardholder of a Treasures Black Elite Card and all the Card Account(s) of Cards issued to other person(s) on the application of that Principal Cardholder which are regarded by DBS as supplementary to that Card issued to the Principal Cardholder; or (B) $10,000 for all the Card Accounts of all Cards issued to the Principal Cardholder of a DBS Black Card or Altitude Card and all the Card Account(s) of Cards issued to other person(s) on the application of that Principal Cardholder which are regarded by DBS as supplementary to that Card issued to the Principal Cardholder.
2.4 Loss and Damage: For the purpose of Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above:
2.4.1 the references to loss of or damage to Goods shall mean physical loss or damage but shall not include loss or damage arising from any one or more of the following:
1. theft from any unattended vehicle unless all windows were securely closed and all doors and the boot were locked;
2. mechanical or electrical breakdown or inherent defects;
3. wear and tear, gradual deterioration, depreciation, moth, vermin, process of any cleaning or restoring, or action of light, atmosphere or climatic conditions;
4. inherent vice or defects in or the unmerchantable state of the Goods at the time of purchase or delivery to the Cardholder;
5. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurping power, acts of terrorism;
6. nuclear explosions, accidents or disaster, radioactive fallout or contamination;
7. detention, seizure, confiscation or requisition by any governmental authority;
8. sound or pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices;
9. earthquake, flood, hurricane, storm, whirlwind, lightning or fire; and
10. negligence of the Cardholder or any person in the carriage custody and or care of the Goods in transit; and
2.4.2 the references to loss of or damage to Goods shall not include:
1. any loss or damage covered by any policy of insurance in favour of the Cardholder who purchased the Goods or the person for whom the Cardholder purchased the Goods notwithstanding that the insurer thereof may have repudiated liability in respect of the claim therefor; and
2. any loss or damage covered by any guarantee or warranty given by the seller, distributor or manufacturer of the Goods.
2.5 Conditions: DBS may impose conditions for the exercise of its discretion under Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above in relation to any application, which conditions may include any and all of the following:
2.5.1 where the Goods are damaged, delivery of the Goods to DBS upon purchase thereof by DBS;
2.5.2 the execution by that Cardholder who purchased the Goods of all documents and or of all acts and things required or necessary to effect an absolute assignment to DBS of all claims, actions and proceedings which the Cardholder has or may have against any party for the loss of or damage to the Goods in respect of which DBS is requested to exercise its discretion pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 above; and
2.5.3 where the loss or damage was caused by theft burglary or malicious acts, that the Cardholder who purchased the Goods files a written complaint thereof with the police and renders and continues to render all reasonable assistance in the apprehension and punishment of any person responsible for the loss or damage and or in tracing and recovering the Goods.
3. Applications in Respect of Loss of or Damage to Goods
3.1 Applications: Any and all applications for the exercise of DBS's discretion under Clauses 2.1 and or 2.2 above in relation to any lost or damaged Goods must be delivered to the Customer Service Department of DBS:
3.1.1 before the expiry of ten days after the end of the Relevant Period in respect of those Goods; and
3.1.2 before the termination of the Card Account to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and or of the use of the Card to which that Card Account relates.
DBS would not accept any application delivered after the time stipulated in Clauses 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 above.
3.2 Documents: All relevant documents to support the application should be forwarded together with the application for DBS's consideration, including the following documents:
3.2.1 in all cases (as applicable):
1. a letter explaining, to the best of the knowledge of the Cardholder who purchased the Goods, the circumstances surrounding the loss or damage;
2. all original invoices receipts and sales drafts (or Vision Plus printouts);
3. all shipping and insurance documents (including all delivery receipts); and
4. photocopies of the relevant pages of the Cardholder's passport to show entry and exit dates from the country in which the Goods were purchased;
3.2.2 in the case of loss of the Goods, a copy of a police report or a statutory declaration from the Cardholder who purchased the Goods to the effect that the Goods were lost or stolen; and
3.2.3 in the case of damage to the Goods:
1. a photograph showing the damage; and
2. a quotation of the repair cost to such Goods (or an assessment of the value of the damage to such Goods).
3.3 Further Information: DBS may, in order to process any application, request for further documents and/or information. It shall be the duty of every applicant to ensure that all such documents and/or information are provided to ensure that DBS may process and decide on the application expeditiously.
4. DBS's Refusal to Exercise Discretion
4.1 DBS may reject any application submitted pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 above and may refuse to exercise its discretion under any of those Clauses without having to give any reason therefor.
5. Revision and Termination of Benefit Scheme
5.1 DBS may terminate or amend, supplement or vary the terms of this Benefit Scheme at any time, in its sole discretion, without having to give any notice thereof or reasons therefor to any or all Cardholders.