500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Self Certification on Tax Residency Status
At a Glance
By tax regulations under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS), we are required to identify the tax residence of our customers.
For customers who are US Persons or tax residents outside of Singapore, we may also be required to provide their accounts information to the relevant tax authorities.
Before you begin
Please ensure that your address is up to date with us. If you need to update your residential or mailing address, please do so here.
You may refer to OECD for guidance on the Tax Identification Number (TIN) format for the respective countries.
You may need any one of the following government-issued documents1 2:
- Front and back of identity card, employment pass, or work permit
- Documents from the Tax Authority showing your recent filing of income tax
If you are no longer a US Person under FATCA, please provide any one of the following documents1:
- Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the US
- I-407 Form
- Reasonable explanation for not having the above certification or form
1 The documents you upload must be in jpg, jpeg, doc, docx or pdf and cannot exceed file size of 2MB.
2 If you are a tax resident of more than one country, you may be asked to provide more than one document to support your tax residence information.
Please proceed to certify your tax residency information online with the required documents.Self-certify now
We recommend using a desktop browser to submit your online self-certification.
Additional submission required for DBS Treasures clients
Please have your eW-8BEN/W-9 FATCA declaration completed using digibank online.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions on how to determine your jurisdiction of tax residence, you can:
- Refer to the Rules Governing Tax Residence published by the different jurisdictions for information on the respective jurisdiction's tax residency rules;
- Check with the tax authority of the jurisdiction which you think you may be a tax resident. (e.g. If you have stayed in Country A for more than 6 months, you can seek a confirmation from the tax authority of Country A on whether you are regarded as its tax resident for the tax year); or
- Consult a tax advisor.
I encountered this error message "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you.". What should I do?
Please ensure that you have entered the correct Singapore NRIC /Malaysian IC or Foreigner Passport Number and Date of Birth (as per the Bank’s record) and try resubmitting the online self-certification.
Alternatively, for all other issues, you can troubleshoot by ensuring the following:
- Use a desktop browser to submit your online self-certification.
- Your address and/or personal details are up to date with the Bank. You may update your particulars here.
FATCA is a regulatory requirement for tax authorities to obtain financial account information of US Persons. To learn more on this, please visit Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
The CRS is an internationally agreed standard for automatic exchange of financial account information in tax matters, endorsed by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
For more information, please visit the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) page.