500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Fixed Deposit – Singapore Dollar & Foreign Currency
At a Glance
DBS Fixed Deposit Account gives you the opportunity to maximise your savings in Singapore dollars and foreign currencies with fixed interest, while keeping your funds secured.
Fixed Deposit Interest rates
You may view the Fixed Deposit rates below:
PIA Features & Benefits (Applicable for Singapore dollars Fixed Deposit only)
- Choice of tenors from 6 months
- Earn additional 0.10% p.a. interest#, added to the prevailing board rate for your deposits
- Automatic renewals: Upon maturity, your deposit will be automatically renewed for the same tenor at the prevailing interest rate
# Rates are subject to change without prior notice
PIA Eligibility & Requirements (Applicable for Singapore dollars Fixed Deposit only)
- At least one of the account holders should be 55 years old or older
- The minimum initial deposit is SGD10,000 for a minimum 6-month tenor
How to Apply
If you are existing DBS/POSB customers, you can open a Fixed Deposit at digibank online instantly.
Or you can also open a Fixed Deposit instantly at digibank mobile
Download the digibank mobile app
- Login and tap on ‘More’ and ‘Deposit Accounts followed by ‘Fixed Deposit Account’
Eligibility and Charges
- You are eligible for this account if you are at least 12 years old.
- You may earn less or no interest if you withdraw your fixed deposit before maturity. An early withdrawal fee may also be imposed. Learn More
- Please refer to the Deposits Guide for services charges applicable for deposits and withdrawals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Balance refers to the total amount of all placements in an SGD Fixed Deposit (FD) account. The amount includes all new and existing placements/renewals.
My FD account has an existing S$20,000 placement and I want to place another S$30,000. What is the applicable interest rate for the new S$30,000 placement?
With the new S$30,000 placement, the total FD account balance will be S$50,000 (S$20,000 + S$30,000). Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $50,000 - $99,999 range will apply. Learn More
My FD account has 2 placements which sum up to S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The total FD account balance is S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $100,000 - $249,999 range will apply.
I have an existing placement of S$50,000 in my single name FD account and another S$50,000 in a joint FD account. What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The placements are in different SGD FD accounts. Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $50,000 - $99,999 range will apply for each renewal.
Yes, you can. However, you may earn less or no interest if you withdraw your fixed deposit before maturity. An early withdrawal fee may also be imposed. Learn More
Yes, you may select one of the following maturity instructions:
- Renew the principal and interest amounts;
- Withdraw the principal and interest amounts; or
- Renew the principal amount and withdraw the interest.
You can refer to our foreign currency rates here.
An early withdrawal fee may be imposed. Also, you may earn less or no interest if you withdraw your fixed deposit before maturity. Learn More
There are multiple factors that determine the early withdrawal fee for a Fixed Deposit, including:
- The rate quoted on the premature withdrawal date; and
- Remaining number of days which are not fulfilled ie. from premature withdrawal date to original maturity date
Alternatively, you can access digibank (Fixed Deposit Premature Withdrawal service) on the premature withdrawal date to check if there is any applicable premature withdrawal fee for your placement.
We encourage you to place a shorter tenor FD if you foresee using your funds in the short-term. This can help you avoid any early withdrawal fee or reduction/loss of interest earned. Learn More