500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
DBS Vickers Young Investor Account
At a Glance
Just for young adults
Designed to help young investors start off on the right foot in their investment journey.
Flat commission pricing
Enjoy flat commission fees across all markets with no custody fee on foreign share holdings
Seminars and classes
Learn more about trading at our regular seminars and courses.
Gain access to key global stock markets with DBS Vickers.
Are you between the ages of 18 to 25 years? Do you have an interest in investing but don’t know where to start? Apply for a DBS Vickers Young Investor Account and gain access to a wealth of resources to help kick-start your investment journey. We’ll also set up a new DBS Multi-Currency Account (MCA) for you to make the settling of trades and dividend crediting convenient.
Not a digibank user? Get started
Features & Benefits
- Venture into the stock market with a bank-backed brokerage
- Gain access to trade in multiple capital markets
- Enjoy flat commission fee for all markets
- Zero custody fee for your foreign holdings
- More opportunities to grow your investment knowledge and trading skills with our investment seminars (sign up here today)
Open a new DBS Vickers online trading account and make a cash upfront trade on the DBS Vickers app by 31 December 2022 to receive a S$30 cash reward.
Click here to learn more.
Young investors with a DBS Vickers online trading account can enjoy flat commission rates for all markets (excluding market charges).
Young Investor (YI) Account
Normal Vickers Trading Account*
0.28%, min SGD25
0.18%, min USD25
0.18%, min HKD100
0.35%, min AUD30
0.35%, min GBP25
0.35%, min JPY3000
0.50%, min CAD29
* Rates for cash trades as compared to Young Investor Account
GST at prevailing rate on commission applies to all markets. For Singapore market, GST applies to the Clearing Fee (CDP imposed) and SGX Trading Fee as well.
Eligibility & Fees
- Aged 18 to 25 years old
- Possess basic knowledge in investing
- Individual Account
To open a Young Investor Individual Trading Account, simply apply online through DBS digibank online or digibank mobile.
If you wish to trade in the Singapore securities market, you’ll also need to open a Central Depository (CDP) account. If you do not own a CDP account, you may open one here before applying for a DBS Vickers Online Trading Account.
Due to the high application volume, the processing time for account opening may take longer than usual.
Apply via digibank
Not a digibank user? Get started
Download DBS digibank mobile
We’ll be in touch (For foreign tax residents).
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are between the ages of 18 to 25 years old with a DBS Vickers online individual trading account, your trading account will automatically be considered a Young Investor Trading Account.
I am currently 23 years old and I opened a DBS Vickers online trading account when I was 22 years old. How can I enrol for this new Young Investor Trading Account?
From 1 April, all existing individual online trading account whose account holders are between the age of 18 to 25 years old will be automatically included in this program.
The Commission rates charged for all markets will be a flat fee, regardless of your contract size. Commission rates does not include all out-of-pocket charges imposed by the respective exchanges. GST apples to all markets.
Your Young Investor Trading Account will be changed to a normal trading account. The conversion of the account will follow your birth year. i.e., you are born in 1997 and turn 25 years old in 2022. On 1 Jan 2023, your account will be converted to a normal trading account.
Terms and Conditions
- This is applicable to all individual online retail clients with DBS Vickers Securities (Singapore) Pte Ltd (’DBS Vickers’) age between 18 to 25 years old.
- Eligible clients are clients age between 18 to 25 years old based on their birth year. i.e., clients born in the year 1997 will be considered 25 years old in the year 2022.
- Eligible clients are entitled to flat commission fee for all trades executed online. This is applicable to trades executed in any of the 7 online markets via www.dbsvickers.com, mobile trading and DBS/POSB iBanking
Market Commission Rate (without GST) Commission Rate (inclusive of 7% GST)
SGD 8 / HKD 50 / USD 6 / AUD 8 / EUR 6 / JPY 800 / GBP 6
SGD 8.56 / HKD 53.50 / USD 6.42 / AUD 8.56 / EUR 6.42 / JPY 856 / GBP 6.42
HKD 50 / USD 6
HKD 53.50 / USD 6.42
GBP 12 / USD 18 / EUR 16
GBP 12.84 / USD 19.26 / EUR 17.12
CAD 8 / USD 6
CAD 8.56 / USD 6.42
- Flat commission rates exclude any out-of-pocket market charges / fees imposed by the respective exchanges.
- Eligible clients will also be entitled to zero custody fee for all foreign holdings
- YI accounts will be converted to a normal trading account on a yearly basis, based on the birth year. i.e. YI born in the year 1997 will be converted back to a normal account on 1 Jan 2023.
- DBS Vickers shall have the right to determine whether a client is entitled to receive the rate. The decision by DBS Vickers shall be final.
- DBS Vickers’ terms and conditions governing trading shall apply. Participation is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
- DBS Vickers reserves the right to revise, delete and/or add to the above terms and conditions, and/or to suspend or terminate the rates at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice to you.