500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Singapore Savings Bonds (SSB)
At a Glance
Features & Benefits
Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities (SGS) with features that make them accessible and suitable to individual investors.
- Eligibility – Individuals only
- Term – 10 years
- Mode – Cash and SRS (from 1 February 2019)
- Interest – Paid every 6 months. At issuance, rates are fixed based on the prevailing SGS yields and locked in for each issue.
- Issuance – Monthly
- Redemption – Monthly, with no penalty. Principal and any accrued interest will be paid.
- Investment amount – Minimum of $500, and subsequent multiples of $500 up to a cap to be announced.
- Non-tradable – Savings Bonds are non-marketable securities and cannot be bought or sold in the secondary market.
- Saving for retirement – Savings Bonds are a safe and flexible option to maintain the value of your nest egg.
- Setting money aside for “rainy days” – you can earn step-up interest on your savings until you need the money.
- Diversifying your investments – Savings Bonds can help you diversify risks and achieve an efficient portfolio.
Click here for a Step-by-step guide on applying for Singapore Savings Bonds via Internet Banking.
How to Apply
Thank you. Your feedback will help us serve you better.
Was this information useful?
That's great to hear. Anything you'd like to add?
We're sorry to hear that. How can we do better?
Enter only letters, numbers or @!$-(),.