500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
CPF Investment Account
What is a CPF Investment Account (CPFIA)?
CPFIA is a channel for investing your CPF savings+. Investing your CPF money allows you to reap greater potential gains, enriching your savings for a comfortable retirement.
At a Glance
- Invest without cash and maximise the growth of your CPF funds
- Flexibility and control over where to invest your CPF savings
- Easy and convenient management of your investment transactions and portfolio
Investing with your CPFIA
You can start investing if you have at least S$20,000 in your CPF Ordinary Account (OA) and S$40,000 in your Special Account (SA).
Below is an illustration on how you can maximise returns on your CPF savings through investing.
Mr Lim is below 55 years old and has S$60,000 in his CPF Ordinary Account (OA).
* The above table is for illustration purposes only
What you can invest in
New to investing? Check out this page for useful articles on getting started.
Start investing your CPF with DBS
Investing your CPF with DBS is easy whichever your preferred platform.
Easy management of your investments
- Get quick access to information on your portfolio
Stay in the know with monthly reports on how your investments are performing, including total costs, estimated market value, and advance notice of all rights announcements
- Track and manage your investments easily via mobile, online banking, and ATM:
Who is Eligible
- You are a CPF member
- Age 18 and above
- You are not an undischarged bankrupt
- You have more than S$20,000 in your CPF Ordinary Account#
- You do not have an existing CPF Investment Account with another bank
See the Schedule of charges
Get started with CPFIA
Here’s how to open a CPF Investment Account and start investing without cash.
Skip the trip to the bank and apply for your CPFIA the hassle-free way with the new online form.
At our branches
Prefer face-to-face service? Visit any of our branches with the following documents:
- Print-out of Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ)* status
- Completed account opening form
- NRIC (Singaporeans & PR) or Passport and EP/WP (Foreigners)
† The interest rate on balances in the CPF Investment Account which are not invested is currently 0.050% p.a.
^ Investible savings refer to the total balances in CPF Ordinary Account plus monies already withdrawn for investments & education.
# From 1 April 2008, only monies in excess of $20,000 in your Ordinary Account can be invested.
* You must take the SAQ if have not opened a CPF investment Account or invested in the CPF Investment Scheme – Special Account before. If you have a CPFIS account, you are encouraged to take the SAQ. The SAQ is to help CPF members self-assess if they have basic financial knowledge and and whether the CPFIS is suitable for them. You can access the SAQ via the CPF website after logging in with your SingPass. Under Tools > Assessment Tools > Take the CPFIS Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ).
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Click here for full terms and conditions.