500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Investing in Unit Trusts has never been more rewarding
Invest with ease on our new Online Funds Investing (OFI) platform, where you can securely and conveniently access a wide range of Unit Trusts, search for funds effortlessly and rebalance your portfolio 24/7.
To help you make every dollar count, enjoy a promotional sales charge of 0.82%* for all online Unit Trust transactions.
What's more, get cashback into your PayLah! mobile wallet when you set up a Regular Savings Plan (RSP) online from 1 July to 30 September 2018.
Here’s how it works:
Singapore and Foreign currency RSP
Each eligible Customer is entitled to a full rebate for all Unit Trust transactions done via Internet Banking during the Promotional Period, capped at S$125 cashback per RSP per quarter.
Don't have PayLah!? Download the app now:
Convert your cashback via PayLah! to food treats, fashion delights or lifestyle indulgences at thousands of participating merchants, or use PayLah! as a quick and convenient way to send money to your friends.
Investing in Unit Trusts
Online Funds Investing
Our new DBS Online Funds Investing platform allows you to:
- Invest in over 100 Unit Trusts online in 10 currencies
- Access fund information, including research analysis and investment strategies
- View all of your cash Unit Trust holdings in a consolidated statement
- Search for funds with ease, categorised by asset class, geography or fund manager
- View your unrealized profit-and-loss position, which is determined by the cost price at which the unit trust was purchased
Benefits of investing in a Regular Savings Plan
- Fuss-free monthly contribution via interbank GIRO or monthly deductions from your DBS/POSB savings or current account on the 15th of every month (or the next business day if 15th is a non business day)
- Invest affordable amounts regularly from just S$100/month
- Long-term investing through Dollar Cost Averaging, which eliminates guesswork in investing and allows you potentially enjoy a lower average cost over time, compared to lump sum investing.
How does Dollar Cost Averaging work?
Average cost per unit: S$1,000 / 1,069.09 units = S$0.935
(Average cost per unit is derived by averaging monthly contributions across the total number of units bought over 5 months. This reflects the cost you have paid to acquire each unit of the fund)
Average cost per unit: S$4.73 / 5 months = S$0.946
(Average price per unit is derived by averaging the unit prices over 5 months)
The example above shows how Dollar Cost Averaging in RSP can result in a lower cost per unit and lower average price per unit. With the same total contribution of S$1,000, RSP allows you buy more units (total of 1,069.00 units) at a lower average unit price of S$0.935 over five months as compared with lump-sum contribution (total of 1000.00 units bought at a unit price of S$1.00 in January).
Lump sum investing
Characteristics of lump sum investing:
- One-time contribution with ad-hoc funds (e.g. an inheritance or bonus)
- Additional contributions as and when funds are available
- Start from just S$1,000 for certain funds
Combine lump-sum Contribution and RSP
- Make a lump sum contribution (e.g. with your bonus) but continue investing with regular monthly contributions
- Start investing with a lump sum of S$1,000 for certain funds and continue with monthly contributions of at least S$100/month
^Sales charge for offline Unit Trust transactions is up to 5%
*Customers must have a valid PayLah! account or open one within 14 days of receiving the credit notification. Otherwise, the credit amount will be forfeited.