Requirements to trade Specified Investment Products (SIPs)
To trade Specified Investment Products (SIPs), financial institutions will have to conduct a Customer Account Review (CAR) for Listed SIPs and/or a Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) for Unlisted SIPs based on your declarations.
- Log in to DBS Vickers with your User ID and Password.
- Under My Account, select Account Management.
- Under Activated Products, select Make/Review SIP Declaration to complete the declaration form.
You are required to meet only ONE criteria below to qualify for CAR and/or CKA:
|A. Educational Qualifications||
Diploma or higher qualifications in one of the following fields:
|B. Working Experience||
Have a minimum of 3 consecutive years of working experience (such working experience would also include the provision of legal advice or possession of legal expertise on the relevant areas listed below) in the past 10 years, in the development of, structuring of, management of, sale of, trading of, research on or analysis of investment products, or the provision of training in investment products (as defined in Section 2 of the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110)).
Work experience in Accountancy, Actuarial Science, Treasury or Financial Risk Management activities will also be considered relevant experience.
Note: Support functions in the areas mentioned above that are administrative or clerical in nature will not be considered as relevant experience.
|C. Investment Experience||
If you do not have a DBS Vickers Online Trading Account but you have an offline Trading Account, you can contact your trading representative to check your eligibility status for trading or investing in SIPs.
- For Joint Trading Account & Individual Account with Mandate, both account holders and mandates must qualify for the CAR and/or CKA.
- The successful outcomes of CAR/CKA assessments conducted with other broking firms is not transferable to DBS Vickers.
- After you are assessed to be qualified to trade SIPs, we will conduct the CAR once every 3 years for accounts trading in Listed SIPs, and CKA once every year for accounts trading in Unlisted SIPs. If you are trading in both Listed and Unlisted SIPs, we will conduct your review annually.
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support