500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
At a Glance
Features & Benefits
Find out the ways on how to use your Cashline account:
- Make a funds transfer to your own account or 3rd party using DBS Digibank/iBanking or any DBS/POSB ATMs
- Cash withdrawal at any DBS/POSB ATMs
- Make a bill payment to a billing organization via DBS Digibank/iBanking or any DBS/POSB ATMs
- Issue a cheque with your Cashline cheque book (if you have requested for one)
- Apply for Cashline Auto Top Up
- Make NETS POS payment (including AXS machine) using your Cashline ATM card (only if your annual income is S$30,000 and above)
Sign up Cashline Auto Top Up for automatic cash top ups to deposit account.
- Tide over times when you need funds with the assurance of cash in your deposit account.
- Link your Current/Savings account to your Cashline account and enjoy seamless Cashline Auto Top-Up service whenever your Current/Savings account balance falls below a pre-set level.
Take up a DBS Personal Term loan on your DBS Cashline account for a disciplined way to make your monthly repayments.
- Apply for up to 95% of your Cashline available limit
- Choose tenures of between 1 to 5 years
- Apply for GIRO arrangement to service your monthly instalment repayments
Take up a short-term Balance Transfer loan on your DBS Cashline account with 0% interest.
- Apply for up to 95% of your Cashline available limit
- Choose tenures of 6 or 12 months
- An administrative fee applies
Eligibility & Fees
Application requirements for DBS Cashline
|Nationality||Age||Minimum gross annual income||Effective interest rate|
|Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident||21 years |
|S$20,000 - |
|29.8% per annum|
|S$30,000 and above||19.8% per annum|
DBS Cashline Fees and Charges
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Minimum interest charge||S$10|
|Late payment fee||S$105|
|Late payment interest adjustment#||Additional 6% above effective interest rate (also known as Prevailing Interest Rate)|
|Annual fee||S$100 (waived for first year)|
# The reinstatement to the Prevailing Interest Rate will be effective on the first working day after your next Statement Date once the minimum payments due on 3 consecutive statements are made in full on or before the respective payment due dates.
|Required Documents||Salaried Employees||Variable/Commission-based Employees||Self Employed|
|NRIC (Front and back)||✔||✔||✔|
|Latest 12 months* CPF Contribution History Statement||✔||✔|
|Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment*||✔ |
|Latest Computerised Payslip or Salary Crediting into POSB/DBS Account||✔|
^ DBS may grant such credit limit at its discretion, which may differ from what is requested. Click here for explanatory notes.
* You can now print your Income Tax Notice of Assessment at myTax Portal with your SingPass or IRAS PIN. The service is free. Click here to log on to myTax for more details.
Please note that applications not accompanied with required documents or with incomplete information will cause a delay in processing.
How To Use
Standby line of credit
- Get quick access to cash with DBS Cashline when the need arises. No interest will be charged if no amount is used.
Save on interest and fee charges
- Compared to cash advance or revolving balances on credit cards, you can save up to 80% with DBS Cashline. Click here for the comparison table.
Illustration on how Cashline works
|Peter has a Cashline credit limit of S$10,000.|
|He withdraws S$3,000 cash from Cashline via multiple methods. |
Instant cash via iBanking/ Digibank App, funds transfer and DBS/POSB ATM island wide.
|Daily interest rate based on S$3,000. |
Cash advance from Credit Card at 28% p.a.
|Peter repays 30 days later via several payment methods. |
Make payments via Internet Banking, Quick Cheque Deposit, and DBS/POSB ATMs islandwide.
Figures are simplified for illustration purposes.
1 Cash Advance typically has an administrative fee charge of 6% withdrawn on top of interest
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for Cashline after I click “Apply Now”?
You can apply for Cashline using 3 ways:
- Using iBanking Login: Access to your iBanking using your iBanking username and password to apply for Cashline.
- Using Debit/ATM Card PIN: Input your Debit or ATM Card Number and the PIN number which is used in ATM. For customers who only has a Personal Credit Card with us, please use Credit Card as the selection.
- If you are new to DBS as a customer: Select the last button to fill up the online form.
In the event that you encounter an error or cannot remember your iBanking access or ATM/ Debit/ Credit number and PIN, please fill up the contact me form for us to assist you.
- How can I get my Cashline account immediately?
For existing DBS/POSB customers, you can enjoy Straight Through Processing if you are currently crediting your salary to a DBS/ POSB deposit account. Once approved, you can get your Cashline account immediately.
- My Cashline account is approved. Can I drawdown the cash straight away from my Cashline account?
Yes, once your Cashline account is approved, you can perform any of the following in services mentioned in Qn 5 on your Cashline.
- I did not request for a chequebook at first but I would like to have one now.
We will encourage you to perform fund transfer or use an IB e-cheque in Internet Banking.
If you would like to have a physical chequebook, you can head to our DBS/POSB branches to submit your request. Please note that chequebook will be mailed to your mailing address.
- What can I do with Cashline in Internet Banking?
You can do the following:
- Perform fund transfer
- Bill payment
- Request for an IB e-cheque
- Top up Cashline
- Add a GIRO Arrangement
- How can I use the e-cheque functionality in Internet Banking (IB)?
You can choose IB e-cheque under “Transfer” > “More Transfer Services” > Purchase Cheque (Mail). Service is free of charge. (More information)
- How much can I use my DBS Cashline?
You can use up to your available credit limit in the account. Whenever payment is made into the account, your credit limit will be automatically restored by the amount.
- How much do I have to pay back?
You only need to service the monthly minimum payment of 2.5% of the outstanding balance or S$50 whichever is higher plus any overlimit or overdue amount.
- How do I know when and what to pay?
You will be informed of your minimum payment due and due date via your Cashline statement of account which will be sent to you on a monthly basis. The monthly statement of account will detail all your withdrawals and deposits within one month from the statement date.
- How do I make payments?
Skip the queue and make seamless payment via DBS iBanking or Digibank app. Payments made will be instantly reflected in your Cashline account.
- Using DBS iBanking (click here for payment guide)
- Using DBS Digibank app (click here for payment guide)
Other Payment options(requires 1 – 3 working days for processing):
- Using AXS
- AXS Station – self-service kiosks
- AXS QuickBill – over-the-counter at Cheers & Fairprice Xpress Stores
- AXS e-Station – online at www.axs.com.sg
- AXS m-Station – mobile app on IOS & Android
- Using our DBS/POSB ATMs
- Quick Cheque Deposit / Cheque Mail-in
- Cash Payment at DBS/POSB branches
- How soon can I get my DBS Cashline Cheque Book and ATM card?
The cheque book will be mailed to you within 7 working days from the date of approval/ upon receipt of the cashline chequebook request form. If you are an existing DBS/POSB ATM cardholder, you can use your existing ATM card to access funds from Cashline once the account is approved. If you do not have an existing DBS/POSB ATM card, a DBS ATM card will be mailed to you within 7 working days.
- How can I apply for a credit limit review?
Please complete the DBS Cashline Credit Limit Review Form, print, sign and mail (or fax) the application form to us with the mandatory income documents.
- How is interest calculated?
Interest on the Facilities shall be calculated on a daily basis, by multiplying the outstanding balance on Facilities by the Prescribed Rate and then dividing by 365/366 (in a leap year), subject to a minimum interest charge of S$10.00.
For example: Suppose you withdraw from your Cashline account S$5,000 for 30 calendar days.
Cashline withdrawal: S$5,000
Interest for 30 days: (30/365) x 19.8% p.a x S$5,000 = S$82
- How do I get a new cheque book if the current one runs out?
You need not worry about requesting for a new cheque book. We will automatically send you a new one before the current one runs out.
- What is CashCare Protector?
CashCare Protector is an optional credit life protection insurance underwritten by Manulife (Singapore) Pte Ltd. It pays off the outstanding balance on your Cashline Account up to S$100,000 in the event of diagnosis of critical or early cancer**, terminal illness, death or total permanent disability. For death due to accident, the amount doubles to a maximum of S$200,000.
** This plan does not cover pre-existing medical conditions. A waiting period of 90 days applies for claim of critical or early cancer benefit.
- When will an interest adjustment be added to your account?
If the Bank does not receive the required minimum payment by its due date (for example, due date on 25 June as illustrated in the example below), the interest rate applicable to your Cashline account will be increased by 6% p.a. on top of the Prevailing Interest Rate (“Increased Interest Rate”). This Increased Interest Rate shall be applied to the outstanding balance in your Cashline account from the first working day after the date of the subsequent Cashline account statement following your Cashline Account statement (i.e. August’s statement) and used to compute the finance charges applicable to your Cashline account.
This additional interest rate shall be applied even if minimum payment is received by the Bank on or before the due date of the following month (i.e. in July).
In the event that the minimum payments are made in full on or before their respective due dates for 3 consecutive months (i.e. for August, September and October statements), the Increased Interest Rate shall be reinstated to the Prevailing Interest Rate on the first working day after your next Statement Date (i.e. November’s statement).
Click here for a larger image.
Note: In this example, the Prevailing Interest Rate is assumed to be 19.8% p.a.
How to Apply
Login using (1) Internet Banking or (2) Card and PIN to enjoy a shorter application. Also, get instant approval~ if you choose salary crediting as income document selection and get your account immediately (subject to approval).
~ DBS will only process applications that meet the bank's internal requirements. Please note that there is a downtime daily from 11.45pm to 8.00am and your application status will be pending during downtime.
Credit Bureau Report
From 1 April 2016, if you wish to have a free credit report, you may obtain it within 30 calendar days from the date of approval or rejection of this application via the credit bureau websites listed below. Alternatively, you may bring the approval or rejection letter and your NRIC to the following credit bureau’s registered office to obtain a free credit report.
Credit Bureau (Singapore) Pte Ltd
2 Shenton Way
#20-02 SGX Centre 1
Tel: (65) 6565 6363
* Clarification: We would like to clarify that “The free Credit Bureau Report” is limited only to application of a new product such as Cashline, Credit Card, Further Study Assist. Applications such as Credit Limit increase, Balance Transfer / Personal Loan disbursed from existing products and existing principal cardholders applying for another card(s) are not entitled to the free credit report.