At a Glance
Access cash fast with DBS Cashline, and enjoy these benefits:
Low daily interest rate of 0.06%^
Our daily-rated interest gives you more flexibility on repaying any time you want while you enjoy savings up to 80% in interests and fees as compared to cash advances.
^Daily interest rate of 0.06% is calculated based on 365 days at the prevailing interest rate of 20.5% p.a.
Online Exclusive! Apply for DBS Cashline today and receive S$50 plus 1% Cashback*!
*Cashline S$50 plus 1% Cashback Promotion Terms and Conditions apply. Applications via other channels (i.e Telesales or Branch sales staff etc.) will not be considered. Promotion ends 31 December 2021.
New feature! - Enjoy less hassle and skip the need to provide income documents when you retrieve your personal information via Myinfo with Singpass.
- Get cash of up to 4X your monthly salary
- 10X if your annual income is S$120,000 and above
- Apply via iBanking or Digibank app
- Skip the need to provide income documents, just retrieve your personal information via Myinfo with Singpass
- Enjoy less paperwork and instant approval with Straight Through Processing, if your salary is credited into a DBS/POSB deposit account
- Here’s a checklist of mandatory documents you’ll need for your application
- Cashline Auto Top-up: Link your Current/Savings account to your Cashline account and enjoy seamless top-up service whenever your Current/Savings account balance falls below a pre-set level
- Transfer funds, withdraw cash and pay bills with DBS/POSB ATMs, DBS Digibank/iBanking or Cashline chequebook
- Make transactions via AXS machine, AXS m-Station, AXS e-Station and NETS point-of-sale
- Repay as quickly as you want or whenever you have funds
- No early repayment fees
- 20.5% per annum, effectively 0.06% per day
- No interest will be charged if no amount is used
Fixed repayment with DBS Personal Loan, if you need a disciplined way to make monthly repayments.
- From as low as 3.88% p.a. + 1% processing fee (E.I.R. 7.56% p.a.)
- Tenures between 1 to 5 years
- Instant cash credited into your account
Interest free loan with DBS Balance Transfer
- Interest savings – enjoy 0% interest rate for up to 12 months
- Flexible repayment – pay from as little as S$50 or 2.5% of the statement balance, whichever is higher
Perform online transactions with DBS Cashline:
Eligibility & Fees
- Singaporean Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- 21 – 75 years old
- Minimum Annual Income S$20,000
|Annual Income||S$20,000 to below S$30,000||S$30,000 and above|
|Prevailing interest rate||29.8% per annum||20.5% per annum|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2.5% of outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher|
|Minimum interest charge||S$10|
|Late payment fee||S$120|
|Late payment interest adjustment#||Additional 8% above effective interest rate (also known as Prevailing Interest Rate)|
# The reinstatement to the Prevailing Interest Rate will be effective on the first working day after your next Statement Date once the minimum payments due on 4 consecutive statements are made in full on or before the respective payment due dates.
Credit Bureau Report
From 1 April 2016, if you wish to have a free credit report, you may obtain it within 30 calendar days from the date of approval or rejection of this application via the credit bureau website listed below. Alternatively, you may bring the approval or rejection letter and your NRIC to the following credit bureau’s registered office to obtain a free credit report.
Credit Bureau (Singapore) Pte Ltd
2 Shenton Way
#20-02 SGX Centre 1
Tel: (65) 6565 6363
* The free Credit Bureau Report” is limited only to application of a new product such as Cashline, Credit Card, Further Study Assist. Applications such as Credit Limit increase, Balance Transfer / Personal Loan disbursed from existing products and existing principal cardholders applying for another card(s) are not entitled to the free credit report.
How is DBS Cashline different from a Personal Loan?
DBS Cashline Personal Loan Description DBS Cashline is a personal line of credit for your short-term borrowing needs. Think of it as a standby stash of cash. Personal loans however, are long-term loans spanning anywhere from 1-5 years. Repayment Repaying your DBS Cashline amount is flexible. Repay it in days, weeks or months. There is only a minimum monthly repayment of 2.5% of your outstanding amount or S$50, whichever is higher. Personal Loans offer a fixed monthly repayment plan ranging from 1-5 years. Interest/Fee Interest is accrued daily at 20.5% p.a. (or 0.06% per day) with no processing fee. Fixed interest is charged upfront over your loan tenure. From 3.88% p.a. + 1% processing fee (E.I.R 7.56% p.a.)
How is DBS Cashline different from Cash Advance?
Cashline Cash Advance Description DBS Cashline is a personal line of credit for your short-term borrowing needs. Think of it as a standby stash of cash. Cash Advance is a feature on your credit card that offers funds up to your available credit card limit. Interest/Fee Interest is accrued daily at 20.5% p.a. (or 0.06% per day) with no processing fee. Interest is accrued daily at 28% p.a. (or 0.07% per day) plus a 8% upfront processing fee on the amount withdrawn.
How is interest calculated?
Interest on the Facilities will be calculated on a daily basis, by multiplying the outstanding balance on Facilities by the Prescribed Rate and then dividing by 365/366 (in a leap year), subject to a minimum interest charge of S$10.00.
For example: Suppose you withdraw from your DBS Cashline account S$5,000 for 30 calendar days.
DBS Cashline withdrawal: S$5,000
Interest for 30 days: (30/365) x 20.5% p.a. x S$5,000 = S$85
How do I apply for DBS Cashline after I click “Apply Now”?
You can apply for DBS Cashline in 3 ways:
- iBanking Login: Input your iBanking username and password to apply for DBS Cashline.
- Debit/ATM Card PIN: Input your Debit or ATM Card Number along with the PIN number you use at your ATM. Please select ‘Credit Card’ if you only have a Personal Credit Card.
- If you are new to DBS: Select ‘I have none of the above’ and proceed to fill up the form.
Can I access my DBS Cashline account instantly?
For existing DBS/POSB customers, if your salary is currently credited to a DBS/POSB deposit account, you can enjoy Straight Through Processing. Once approved, your DBS Cashline account is active and accessible immediately.
My DBS Cashline account is approved. Can I drawdown the cash straight away from my DBS Cashline account?
Yes, once your DBS Cashline account is approved, you can drawdown cash and perform other financial transactions through DBS Cashline.
How much can I use through my DBS Cashline?
Feel free to use up to your available credit limit in your account. When you’ve repaid your borrowed amount back into the account, your credit limit will be restored to the original amount.
What functions does DBS Cashline offer in Internet Banking?
The following functions can be performed:
- Fund transfer
- Bill payment
- Request for an IB e-cheque
- Top up DBS Cashline
- GIRO setup for Cashline repayments
How much do I have to pay back?
You only need to repay the monthly minimum payment of 2.5% of the outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is higher, plus any overlimit or overdue amount.
How do I know when and how much to pay?
Your DBS Cashline monthly statement of account will inform you of your minimum payment due as well as your due date. The monthly statement of account will detail all your withdrawals and deposits within one month from the statement date.
How do I make repayments?
Skip the queue and make seamless repayment via DBS iBanking or Digibank app. Repayments made are instantly reflected in your DBS Cashline account.
Other repayment options (requires 1 – 3 working days for processing):
- Using AXS
- AXS Station – self-service kiosks
- AXS QuickBill – over-the-counter at Cheers & Fairprice Xpress stores
- AXS e-Station – online at www.axs.com.sg
- AXS m-Station – mobile app on IOS & Android
- Using our DBS/POSB ATMs
- Cash Repayment at DBS/POSB branches
How can I apply for a credit limit review?
To apply, please complete the DBS Cashline Credit Limit Review Form, print, sign and mail (or fax) the application form to us with the mandatory income documents.
What is CashCare Protector?
CashCare Protector is an optional credit life protection insurance underwritten by Manulife (Singapore) Pte Ltd. It pays off the outstanding balance on your DBS Cashline account up to S$100,000 in the event of diagnosis of critical or early cancer**, terminal illness, death or total permanent disability. For death due to accident, the amount doubles to a maximum of S$200,000.
** This plan does not cover pre-existing medical conditions. A waiting period of 90 days applies for claim of critical or early cancer benefit.
When will an interest adjustment be added to your account?
If the Bank does not receive the required minimum payment by its due date (for example, due date on 25 June as illustrated in the example below), the interest rate applicable to your DBS Cashline account will be increased by 8% p.a. on top of the Prevailing Interest Rate (“Increased Interest Rate”). This Increased Interest Rate shall be applied to the outstanding balance in your DBS Cashline account from the first working day after the date of the subsequent DBS Cashline account statement following your DBS Cashline account statement (i.e. August’s statement) and used to compute the finance charges applicable to your DBS Cashline account.
This additional interest rate shall be applied even if minimum payment is received by the Bank on or before the due date of the following month (i.e. in July).
In the event that the minimum payments are made in full on or before their respective due dates for 4 consecutive months (i.e. for August, September, October and November statements), the Increased Interest Rate shall be reinstated to the Prevailing Interest Rate on the first working day after your next Statement Date (i.e. November’s statement).
Click here for a larger image.
Note: In this example, the Prevailing Interest Rate is assumed to be 20.5% p.a.
I did not request for a chequebook at first but I would like to have one now, what should I do?
We encourage you to perform fund transfers or to use an IB e-cheque in Internet Banking.
If you would like to have a physical chequebook, you can head to our DBS/POSB branches to submit your request. Please note that chequebooks will be mailed to your mailing address within 5-7 working days.
I’ve requested for a chequebook and haven’t received it yet, when should I expect it to reach?
Please note that chequebook will be mailed to your mailing address within 5-7 working days.
How do I get a new chequebook once my current one runs out?
There’s no need to request for a new chequebook. We will send you a new one before your current chequebook runs out.
How can I use the e-cheque functionality in Internet Banking (IB)?
You can choose IB e-cheque under “Transfer” > “More Transfer Services” > Purchase Cheque (Mail). This service is free of charge. (More information)