Find out why DBS Remit is the better way to transfer money overseas.Part of: Guides > Your Guide to Overseas Funds Transfer
Why DBS Remit is better
- DBS Remit is an all-in-one platform to make overseas online transfers from your mobile.
- With DBS Remit, you can transfer funds overseas and enjoy same-day transfer at $0 transfer fee.
- You can transfer to as many as 17 currencies and 49 destinations.
What can DBS Remit be used for
DBS Remit can be used for the following occasions to support your needs
- Family allowances and/or support (e.g. monetary gifts)
- Overseas investments (including property, stocks, and time deposits)
- Personal overseas shopping
- Overseas education
- Business expenses (e.g. payment to vendors or suppliers)
DBS Remit vs Regular Overseas Funds Transfer Online
- For locations where DBS Remit is available, you can enjoy same-day transfer at $0 transfer fee when you transfer via digibank. This is applicable when you transfer the currency of your transfer destination (e.g sending AUD to Australia).
- For locations where DBS Remit is currently unavailable, cable and handling charges apply. Agent bank charges may also apply.
- Below is an illustration on the difference between DBS Remit and the Regular Overseas Funds Transfer Online.
DBS Remit Regular Overseas Funds Transfer Online Locations Australia, Canada, Eurozone^, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mainland China, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam. All other locations Speed of Transfer Same-day transfer* 2 – 4 working days Cable / Telex Charges $0 $20 Handling Commission $0
- $5 for debiting amount equal to or below S$5,000;
- $10 for debiting amount equal to or below S$25,000;
- $35 for all other amounts
Agent Bank Charges $0 Where applicable
^Eurozone countries include Austra, Belgium, Cryprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugual, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain.
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support