Timing and Limits for Overseas Funds Transfer
Overseas Funds Transfer will generally be completed within 2 to 4 working days. With DBS Remit, you can now perform same day transfers to selected markets within the cut-off times.Part of: Guides > Guide to digibank Online
- Overseas funds transfer received over the weekend or public holiday of the receiving bank will only be credited on the next business day.
|Markets||Cut off time for same-day online transfers (in SGT)||Daily Transfer Limit*|
|Australia (in AUD)||12:00||SGD 200,000|
|Canada (in CAD)||17:00||SGD 200,000|
|Eurozone (in EUR)||17:00||SGD 200,000|
|Hong Kong (in HKD)||16:30||SGD 200,000|
|India (in INR)||16:30||SGD 200,000|
|Indonesia (in IDR)||14:00||USD 35,000|
|Japan (in JPY)||10.30||SGD 200,000|
|South Korea (in KRW)||14:00||USD 20,000|
|Mainland China (in CNY)**||15:00||SGD 200,000 (USD 10,000 Per Transaction)|
|Malaysia (in MYR)||14:00||SGD 200,000 (MYR 500,000 Per Transaction)|
|Myanmar (in MMK)||12:00||SGD 200,000 (USD 10,000 Per Transaction)|
|New Zealand (in NZD)||10.00||SGD 200,000|
|Philippines (in PHP)***||11:00||SGD 200,000 (PHP 490,000 Per Transaction)|
|Thailand (in THB)||11:30||SGD 200,000 (THB 1,500,000 Per Transaction)|
|United Kingdom (in GBP)||17:00||SGD 200,000|
|United States (in USD)||17:00||SGD 200,000|
|Vietnam (in VND)||14:30||SGD 200,000|
- * Some countries are subjected to a regulation on the amount that can be transferred overseas per transaction. Please note that this restriction does not affect your daily transfer limit to the country.
- ** All overseas funds transfer to Mainland China is subjected to the regulations of The State Administration of Foreign Exchange of the People's Republic of China. Each Mainland China recipient can receive a maximum of USD 50,000 transfer limit per annum, per the stated regulation (in Chinese only).
- *** Due to the Covid-19 quarantine situation, our Philippines Peso (PHP) remittance service may encounter service delays for some transfers and all cancellation and/or tracer requests. Cut off timing for transfers above PHP50k will be temporarily changed from 14:00 to 11:00 instead.
Branch and Online Transfers to Other Markets
|Transfer Time||Transfer Limit|
|Recipient will generally receive funds within 2 to 4 working days.||S$200,000 Daily|
- Applications can be submitted 24/7 but those outside the cut-off times or on Public Holidays will be sent on the next business day. The full remittance amount may still be earmarked for applications submitted outside the cut-off times or on Public Holidays.
FX rates for all transfers are locked in 24/7 except for:
- Transfers via CNY Remit. Rates are confirmed only between 09:15 and 15:00 (SGT) on working days.
- Transfers via MYR and MMK Remit. Rates for these currencies are confirmed only between 09:25 and 17:00 (SGT) on working days.
- Transfers of BHD, HUF, KRW, MUR, PLN, QAR and TWD. Rates for these currencies are confirmed if the application is received from 09:25 to 17:00 (SGT) on working days only.
- Preferential FX Rates (with transfers of S$50,000 or more) is applicable to all DBS Remit services except for Malaysia, Philippines, Mainland China & Indonesia.
Start a transfer via digibank Online
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support