Reasons for Delayed Overseas Funds Transfer
Find out what are the possible reasons your overseas funds transfer is delayed.Part of: Guides > Your Guide to Overseas Funds Transfer
- We move your money during business days in Singapore. However, things may take a little longer if the location you’re sending to has a national holiday. Do check out from time to time.
- There may be occasional delays caused by unforeseen issues with our payment partners and local markets.
Cut-off time and/or Public Holidays
- For locations where DBS Remit is available, there is a daily cut-off time. Do ensure that your DBS Remit is sent before the cut-off time so that the transaction is processed on the same working day.
- If your transaction is submitted before a weekend or on a public holiday in the sending or receiving country, the transaction will be processed on the next working day instead.
Inaccurate or Missing Information
- You may have provided incorrect instructions in your overseas transfer which may result in financial losses for you and/or your beneficiary. Always ensure the following:
- Provide the Recipient’s Full Name (per their bank records), Postal Address etc
- Check the transfer amount is in the correct currency that you wish to send to
- Select the Purpose of Payments (for selected countries)
- No amendments can be made to DBS Remit Corridors. Please ensure your recipient’s details are accurate and matches the recipient bank’s records, before you make the online transfer.
Mandatory Regulatory Checks
- There may be additional checks related to anti-fraud or anti-money laundering which can cause processing delays. In most cases, it is not expected of the beneficiary and/or agent bank to share the reason for the checks or delays.
- In such situations, you may be asked to provide additional information if the transfer is intended for the said recipient.
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support