Internet Banking Security Tips
Learn how you can protect your banking profile when using computer devices by following our useful tips.
Part of: Guides > Your Guide to Online Security
- Set your anti-virus and anti-spyware software to perform automatic updates daily.
- Set your operating system to perform automatic updates daily.
- Use a different PIN or password for web-based services such as email, online shopping or subscription services.
- Do not click on links from emails or install any programs from doubtful origins.
- Do not perform online transactions on computers that you suspect are compromised.
- Do not reveal your digibank User ID, PIN and One-time PINs generated by your iB Security Device or Digital Token.
- Always read the authentication message before authenticating any transactions with your digital token. DBS staff will never ask you to authenticate transactions over the phone.
- Delete junk or chain emails.
- More information on security alerts and news.
Was this information useful?