Apply for New Credit Cards

General FAQs

  1. What does Apply for New Credit Cards mean?

    Credit Card Application is a service that allows customers to apply for a new DBS or POSB Principal credit card via iBanking.

  2. How many Credit Cards can I apply through iBanking?

    You may select up to a maximum of 4 DBS/ POSB Credit Cards per application.

  3. How can I submit my income document to the Bank?

    There are 3 options below to submit your income document:

    1. Indicate your Personal DBS or POSB salary crediting account (For Singaporeans or Permanent Residents only), or
    2. Submit your latest 12 months CPF Contribution History Statement via CPF online, or
    3. Upload other valid income documents.


  4. What is defined as my Personal DBS or POSB salary crediting account that will serve as a proof of my income?

    • You must either be a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident (PR).
    • You must be a salaried employee.
    • Your salary must be credited via GIRO from your employer to your Personal DBS or POSB Account for the last 3 consecutive months.
  5. I am a Foreigner, can I use my Personal DBS or POSB salary crediting account as a proof of income?

    Unfortunately, you may not use salary crediting as proof of income if you are a foreigner. If you are not a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident, please upload your documents.

  6. If I were to choose to upload income documents, what are the required documents?

    For Singaporean or Permanent Residents only:
    Depending on your Employment Status, please submit the following:

    Employment StatusTypes of documents requiredMode of submission
    For Salaried Employees Please submit either 'a', 'b' or 'c'
    a) Latest 12 months' CPF Contribution History Statement
    b) Latest Notices of Assessment**
    c) Latest Computerised Payslip
    By CPF weblink+

    By Document Upload
    By Document Upload
    For Variable / Commission-based Employees Please submit either 'a' or 'b'
    a) Latest 12 months’ CPF Contribution History Statement
    b) Latest 2 years’ Notice of Assessment**
    By CPF weblink+

    By Document Upload
    For Self Employed Please submit Latest 2 years' Notices of Assessment** By Document Upload

    ** You can now print your Income Tax Income Notice of Assessment at myTax Portal with your Singpass or IRAS Pin. The service is free. Log on to for more details.

    + Please note that your CPF documents submitted online via with Singpass, are only available for up to 7 days from the date of your submission.

    For Foreigners only:
    Please upload a copy of:
    Valid Passport and Employment Pass with at least 3 months' validity and either 'a', 'b' or 'c'.

    1. Latest Computerised Payslip (in Singapore Dollar Currency)
    2. Company Letter certifying Employment and Salary (in Singapore Dollar Currency)
    3. Latest Notices of Assessment.

    Please provide a copy of your company letter stating the Renewal of your Employment Pass if the validity is less than 3 months from the date of application. The company letter has to be endorsed by the Company's Representative of HR.

    Please update us immediately if you are granted Singapore Citizenship or Permanent Resident status by Singapore Government.


  7. Do I need to sign on any application form?

    As this application is through the secured DBS iBanking channel, you are not required to sign any application form.

  8. When will I know the status of my application?

    Please allow 5 working days to process the application upon receipt of all the required information and documents. You will receive a SMS notification once the application has been processed. You may also log into DBS iBanking and refer to "View Application Status" for the application status.

  9. Can I apply for supplementary credit card?

    Applications through DBS iBanking are for Principal Cardmembers. Application for supplementary cards must be mailed to us. You may download the DBS Supplementary Cards at