500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
MyShield Insurance Plan
At a Glance
MediShield Life is a basic insurance scheme, designed to give adequate coverage for stays at Class B2 or C wards in public hospitals. However, there are certain medical scenarios where patients would need to pay cash (as a top-up to MediShield Life) or use their Medisave account for their hospital stay or medical treatment.
MyShield plan is an additional cover that integrates and complements the benefits of MediShield Life. This provides you with higher and wider coverage for the medical expenses incurred.
Features & Benefits
- As charged1 coverage at public or private hospitals – you will not be restricted by MediShield Life’s claim limits and will be reimbursed for all your eligible expenses
- Covers hospital stays in Private ward, Class A (1 bedder) and B1 wards (4 bedder) – in public and private hospitals2
- Covers pre and post hospitalisation treatment3 as charged1 – for up to 90 days prior to admission or after discharge
- Covers the treatment received in the Accident and Emergency department4 – within 24 hours prior to your hospital admission
- Covers Emergency overseas inpatient treatment5 as charged1 – pegged up to the costs of Mount Elizabeth Orchard hospital
- Choice to select your preferred doctor for treatment
- Guaranteed renewability and lifetime cover – with an annual claim limit up to S$650,000
- Free medical coverage – for up to 4 children6
- Opportunity to cover past medical concerns – based on moratorium underwriting7
- Covers hospital admission deposit up to S$10,000 – through Letter of Guarantee (LOG)8 for 18 hospitals including private hospitals
You can use your Medisave funds9 to purchase a MyShield plan.
Other features include:
- Stay in Community hospital10 – for up to 45 days per policy year
- Covers In-patient pregnancy complications11
- Covers major outpatient treatments12 including chemotherapy and kidney dialysis – as charged1
- Living donor organ transplant13 – up to S$50,000 per lifetime
*For more details on MediShield Life, please refer to https://www.moh.gov.sg
How to apply
1 For Singapore citizens only.
2 Includes treatment fees, meals, prescriptions, medical consumables, doctor’s attendance fees, medical examinations, laboratory tests and miscellaneous medical charges.
3 Classified according to their level of complexity, which increases from Table 1 to Table 7.
- Intravascular electrodes used for electrophysiological procedures
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA) Balloons
- Intra-aortic balloons (or Balloon Catheters)
- Intraocular lens for cataracts
5 Radiosurgery includes Novalis radiosurgery and Gamma Knife treatments which can be performed as an inpatient or day surgery procedure. The applicable annual deductible and pro-ration factor for radiosurgery will depend on its classification as an inpatient or day surgery procedure.
6 Major organ transplant benefit covers charges for transplant of cornea, kidney, heart, liver, lung or bone marrow and includes costs of acquiring the organ from a deceased donor. Costs and expenses of acquiring the organ from a living donor are not covered.
7 Treatment must be received within 14 days following the accident. Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after accident inpatient dental treatment are not covered.
8 Upon referral from the attending doctor in a restructured hospital / private hospital for immediate admission to a community hospital for continuous stay. The treatment in the community hospital must arise from the same injury or illness that resulted in the life assured’s inpatient treatment in the restructured hospital or private hospital.
9 Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after inpatient congenital anomalies treatment are not covered.
10 Inpatient pregnancy complications benefit covers charges the life assured has to pay for the following complications in pregnancy:
- ectopic pregnancy;
- pre-eclampsia or eclampsia;
- disseminated intravascular coagulation; or
- miscarriage after 13 weeks of pregnancy which must not be due to a voluntary or malicious act.
Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after inpatient pregnancy complications treatment are not covered.
11 Living donor organ transplant benefit covers charges for major organ transplants of the kidney or liver where the life assured is a living donor. Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after living donor organ transplant are not covered.
12 Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after inpatient psychiatric treatment are not covered.
13 We pay for inpatient treatment resulting from an emergency while overseas. Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after emergency overseas treatment are not covered.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore
This policy is underwritten by Aviva Ltd, and distributed by DBS Bank Ltd (“DBS”). It is not an obligation of, deposit in or guaranteed by DBS. This publication is for general circulation only. It does not form part of any offer or recommendation, or have any regard to the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific person. Buying an insurance policy is a long-term commitment. An early termination usually involves high costs and the surrender values may be less than the total premiums paid. Before committing to purchase an insurance product, please seek advice from a financial or other professional adviser regarding the suitability of the product for you and read the relevant product offer documents, including the product summary and risk disclosures, which can be obtained from DBS. If you do not wish to seek financial advice, please consider carefully whether the product is suitable for you.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (“SDIC”). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact DBS or visit the Life Insurance Association (“LIA”), General Insurance Association (“GIA”) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)