Apply for a DBS Vickers Online Trading Account
A DBS Vickers Online Trading Account enables you to buy and sell shares on the stock exchange. DBS Vickers's wide network, extensive insights and comprehensive suite of services mean you have unrivalled convenience and access to capital markets in Singapore and worldwide.Part of: Guides > Your Guide to DBS Vickers Online Trading Account
- Joint trading accounts cannot be applied online, instead, you can apply via form.
- Existing DBS Vickers offline customers who wish to apply for an online account would also need to apply via form.
- You will receive your DBS Vickers Online Trading Account Number/User ID via SMS and Email within 3-5 working days of application. If you lost/forgot your Account Number/User ID click here.
- You will also receive a trading account password sent by Post within 3-5 working days of receiving your Account Number/User ID.
- To check the status of your application click here.
- To start trading in the US Markets, you will need to submit your Form W-8BEN by post and Activate your Foreign Markets Trading Access.
Your application guide
- At least 21 years old
(If you are between 18 – 20 years old, learn more about opening a DBS Vickers Young Investor Account.)
- Please note that we are unable to open accounts for U.S., Nigeria, and South African citizens/residents due to tax reporting requirements and/or internal policies.
- Certain restrictions may apply to Australia and Canada citizens/residents. Our Vickers Client Services team will be contacting you via email to request for additional information after you have submitted your online application.
- The country of residential & mailing address must not be in the United States.
- A digibank Online account. Click here to apply.
- If you wish to trade in the Singapore securities market, you are required to open a Central Depository (CDP) account. Please click here to open a CDP account online before proceeding to open a DBS Vickers online trading account.
- Similarly, if you wish to trade using CPF or SRS monies, please prepare your CPF/SRS account numbers. If you do not have an account yet you can refer to SRS Account Opening or CPFIA Opening.
- NRIC (both sides)
- For Malaysian: Malaysian IC (both sides)
- For Other Nationalities: Passport (at least 6 months to expiry)
- Latest Proof of Residence (Bank/CPF/IRAS Statement dated within 3 months)
- Employment Pass (if applicable)
- Log in to internet-banking.dbs.com.sg. Click on the Apply and select DBS Vickers Online Trading.
- Complete the fields by filling the blanks and selecting your options from the drop-down lists. Check your personal details and update any changes.
- You can choose to link an existing Multi-Currency Account (MCA) or set up a new MCA for trade settlement and dividend crediting purposes. The MCA settlement account is compulsory for all new customers. If your DBS Multi-Currency Account is linked to your DBS Vickers trading account, you do not need to maintain any minimum balance for the linked DBS Multi-Currency Account as the fall-below-fee will be waived.
- If you have an existing CDP account, you may fill in your account number for online linkage.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you may view the application status of your DBS Multi-Currency Account and DBS Vickers Online Trading Account on the completion page. Click here to find out how you can check the status of online.
- Click here to view the full guide.
- Applicants applying online has to be a sole tax resident of Singapore. Applicants paying tax in other countries will be required to apply via form.
- Please note that we are unable to open accounts for U.S. persons, Nigeria, and South African citizens/residents due to tax reporting requirements and/or internal policies.
- Update your mobile number and address via digibank. Ensure your address is not in the United States and does not contain any periods (.).
- For foreigners, ensure your latest passport expiry date is updated with the bank by visiting any DBS/POSB branch in person with your original passport. If you still cannot open a DBS Vickers Account online, you can:
- Submit application via form subjected to management review and approval.
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support