Reinstatement of Suspended Accounts
At a Glance
Reactivate your suspended account
Reinstate your suspended unsecured credit facilities (i.e DBS/ POSB Credit Card(s) and/or Cashline)
Hassle free application
Easy online submission with few steps
You can request the reinstatement of your unsecured credit facilities if they have been suspended due to any of the following reasons:
- Your total interest-bearing outstanding balances1 on all unsecured credit facilities with all financial institutions in Singapore exceed the industry-wide borrowing limit2 for 3 consecutive months; or
- At least one of your credit cards or unsecured credit facility is 60 days or more past due.
- Have existing Debt Consolidation Plan or Repayment Assistance Scheme (RAS)
To facilitate the reinstatement of your unsecured credit facilities, submission of updated income documents is required.
Your suspension may be uplifted after:
- the reduction of your aggregate interest-bearing unsecured balances is less than the applicable borrowing limit2; or after you have made prompt and regular payments to your accounts with outstanding past due; and
- After conducting fresh credit bureau and income checks.
- Your Balance to Income Ratio (BTI) is less than 4 times of monthly income if you are holding to a DBS Debt Consolidation Plan and less than 8 times of monthly income if you are holding to a Debt Consolidation Plan with other Banks.
- Your BTI is less than 11 times of monthly income, and your RAS is fully paid off if you have a RAS Plan.
The uplifting of suspension is subject to the banks’ credit assessment.
1 These include amounts rolled over on credit cards and balances outstanding on unsecured loans that accrue interest. Such balances do not include amounts charged to credit cards that are fully repaid by their due dates, and amounts outstanding on interest-free instalment payment plans. If, however, interest is imposed on a particular instalment due to late payment, the instalment amount will be included.
2 The borrowing limit is 12 times of your monthly income.
|For Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents|
|Employment Pass with at least 6 months validity; and |
* Income record/ documents must not be dated more than 3 months prior to date of application.
1 Your salary must be credited via GIRO, to your own DBS/POSB Account for the last 3 consecutive months and your current annual income meets our minimum income criteria. Salary credited into joint account will not be considered.
2 Monthly CPF contribution is subject to an income ceiling of $6,000 per month currently.
3 You can now download your Income Tax Income Notice of Assessment at myTax Portal with your Singapore or IRAS Pin. The service is free. Log on to https://mytax.iras.gov.sg for more details.
Reactivate your suspended accounts and start spending.Apply now