DBS Cards - Terms & Conditions
Before you start using your DBS card, here is some important information that you should know.
- DBS Cards Promotion: Terms & Conditions
- DBS Credit Card Agreement Highlights
- DBS Credit Card Agreement
- DBS Rewards Programme Terms & Conditions
- DBS Debit Card Agreement
- Benefit Scheme for DBS American Express Cardholders' Purchases
- Terms and Conditions Governing Electronics Services
- POSB Everyday Card Agreement
- Terms and Conditions Governing Loyalty Dollar Programme
- Important Notes for SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Cardmembers
- SAFRA DBS Credit Card Cash Rebate Programme Terms & Conditions
- Important Notes for DBS/POSB Debit Cards
- DBS Terms and Conditions for Digital Wallet
- DBS / POSB Credit Card Declaration
- DBS / POSB Debit Card Declaration
- Important Notes for DBS Live Fresh Student Cardmembers
Please take note of the following:
- DBS Cards – Terms and Conditions has been updated on 13 June 2014. Changes will be effective on 1 July 2014. For the full list of changes, click here.
- We have made revision to Clause 4.2 of Card Agreements on 26 June 2014. Changes will be effective on 1 August 2014. For more details, click here.
- DBS Cards – Terms and Conditions has been updated on 18 July 2014. Changes will be effective on 17 August 2014 EXCEPT for Clause 4.2 which will be effective 1 September 2014. For the full list of changes, click here.
DBS Cards - Terms & Conditions
General Promotions Terms & Conditions
- Full payment must be charged in a single receipt to a DBS/POSB Credit or Debit Card unless otherwise stated.
- Promotions are not valid with other on-going promotions, discounts, offers, vouchers, rebates or privileges.
- Gifts, purchase-with-purchase items and other privileges are limited to one per customer and on a while-stocks-last basis, unless otherwise stated.
- DBS and its merchants reserve the right to replace the gift/complimentary item (with an item of similar value) if it is unavailable at the time of purchase/ confirmation of order, where applicable.
- All prices are quoted in Singapore dollars, unless otherwise stated.
- Merchants' terms and conditions apply. Please check with merchants for details and terms of participation.
- Discounts, offers, prizes, gifts, complimentary items, vouchers, rebates, redemptions and privileges are non-redeemable for cash, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable. Prizes, gifts, complimentary items, vouchers, rebate letters and redemption letters are non-replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged.
- DBS may vary the terms & conditions or discontinue any Promotion/privileges at any time without any notice or liability to any party.
- DBS' decision on all matters relating to its discounts, offers, prizes, gifts, complimentary items, vouchers, rebates, redemptions and privileges shall be final and binding.
- DBS makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the Merchant's goods and services. Any dispute about the same must be resolved directly with the Merchant.
- DBS shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim or damage suffered or incurred as a result of the use of the Merchant's goods and services or redemption or usage of the gifts.
- DBS is not an agent of the merchant or vice versa.
- Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law.
- Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member.
- All information is correct at time of print.
Dining Promotions Terms & Conditions
- All offers are valid for dine-in only.
- Please present your DBS/POSB Credit or Debit Card prior to ordering to enjoy the privileges.
- Offers are not valid with other on-going promotions, discounts, vouchers, rebates, privilege cards, loyalty programmes, set-menus, in-house offers, functions, banquets or catering functions, unless otherwise stated.
- Offers are not valid on eve of and on Public Holidays and special occasions, unless otherwise stated. Events which fall under the category of special occasions are determined by DBS or the Merchants.
- Prices listed may be subject to service charge and prevailing government taxes where applicable.
- Minimum spend requirements are for per table, per customer per card, in a single receipt and excludes service charge and taxes.
- Prior reservation is required. Please check with individual outlets/restaurants for details.
- Merchants' terms and conditions apply.
- General Promotions Terms and Conditions apply.
Travel Promotions Terms & Conditions
- Booking is required for all offers and confirmation of rooms, cabins, flights, upgrades, late check-out/early check-in are subject to availability.
- All prices exclude service charge, government tax, goods and services tax, insurance taxes, security taxes, passenger handling charges, incidental, peak season and fuel surcharges by cruises, airline and hotel merchants (where applicable), unless otherwise stated.
- Merchants' black-out dates, cancellation charges, minimum night stay and other terms and conditions apply.
- Full payment, including deposits and balance payments, must be charged to a DBS/POSB Credit or Debit Card.
- General Promotions Terms and Conditions apply.
0% Interest Instalment Payment Plan Terms & Conditions:
- DBS Instalment Payment Plan is applicable for all DBS VISA/MasterCard and POSB MasterCard Credit Cardmembers only.
- Minimum purchase amounts, specific terms and conditions and products for instalment plan may vary for different merchants. Please contact the merchants for more details.
- Purchases made with DBS Instalment Payment Plan will not earn DBS Rewards Points or Daily$.
- If you decide to cancel your Credit Card, any instalment plan that is currently financed through the Card will be terminated and made payable immediately.
- Additionally, an early termination fee of S$150 will be levied for each Instalment Payment Plan(s) being terminated.
- DBS reserves the right to approve/reject any instalment plan(s).
Benefit Scheme for DBS Cardholder's Purchases
IMPORTANT: This Benefit Scheme is provided by DBS on a discretionary basis and does not form part of DBS's legal relationship with and obligations to any Cardholders.
1.1 For the purposes of this Benefit Scheme, the following words shall have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires:
1.1.1 "Card" means any credit or charge card issued by DBS as a DBS Treasures Black Elite Card, DBS yuu Card and DBS Altitude Card and bearing the name and or service mark of American Express.
1.1.2 "Cardholder" at any time means a person to whom a Card has been issued and which Card has not expired and has not been terminated at that time.
1.1.3 "Card Account" in relation to any Card means the account designated and maintained by DBS with respect to the Card.
1.1.4 "DBS" means DBS Bank Ltd.
1.1.5 "Goods" means any goods purchased by a Cardholder outside Singapore the payment for which was effected by the use of the Card issued to that Cardholder but shall not include any of the following:
- money (in any currency or form);
- any document whatsoever (whether cheque, draft or otherwise);
- motor vehicles and motor vehicle accessories;
- equipment machinery and parts purchased or used in the conduct of any business;
- any plant, animal or living organism;
- consumable items (including edible or perishable items).
- any online purchases and any goods,services and items purchased over the internet
1.1.6 "in transit" in relation to any Goods means the process of transportation of the Goods from the point of delivery of the Goods by the vendor thereof to the Cardholder who purchased those Goods to such residence or place at which the Goods are intended to be first used or enjoyed and where the risk of loss or damage in transportation is borne by the Cardholder who purchased those Goods.
1.1.7 "Principal Cardholder" in relation to any Card Account means person liable to DBS on that Card Account but where two persons are liable to DBS in relation to any Card Account, the "Principal Cardholder" means the person requesting DBS to issue to him and any other persons the Card(s) to which that Card Account relates.
1.1.8 "Relevant Period" in relation to Goods in transit means: : the period beginning from the date of purchase of such Goods to 2359 hours on the 30th day thereafter. For the purpose of counting the number of days which elapse from the date of purchase, the first day shall be the date immediately following the date of purchase.
- SCHEME IN RESPECT OF LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO GOODS
2.1 Waiver of charge in respect of loss of Goods: In the event that any Goods are lost in transit during the Relevant Period, DBS may on application of the Principal Cardholder of the Card Account of any Card to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and at its sole discretion and subject to the limits and the conditions set out herein, waive part of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods.
2.2 Discretion in respect of damage of Goods: In the event that any Goods are damaged in transit during the Relevant Period, DBS may on application of the Principal Cardholder of the Card Account of any Card to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and at its sole discretion and subject to the limits and the conditions set out herein, either offer to purchase those Goods from the Cardholder who purchased them at a price equal to the amount of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods or waive part of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of those Goods.
2.3 Limits: The limits applicable to Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above shall be as follows:
2.3.1 The limit on the amount of:
- the charge to be waived in respect of; or
- the price to be paid by DBS for, the purchase of any single article pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 shall be:
the lower of: (A) fifty per cent of the charge incurred on the Card Account in the purchase of the article, and (B) S$3,000 where the said Card Account is a DBS Treasures Black Elite or DBS Altitude Card, or S$2,000 where the said Card Account is a DBS yuu Card.
2.3.2 The limit on the total of all amounts waived and or paid by DBS in respect of all applications submitted pursuant to Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above in any period of twelve consecutive months by that Principal Cardholder shall be the aggregate sum of (A) S$15,000 for all the Card Accounts of all Cards issued to the Principal Cardholder of a Treasures Black Elite Card and all the Card Account(s) of Cards issued to other person(s) on the application of that Principal Cardholder which are regarded by DBS as supplementary to that Card issued to the Principal Cardholder; or (B) $10,000 for all the Card Accounts of all Cards issued to the Principal Cardholder of a DBS yuu Card or Altitude Card and all the Card Account(s) of Cards issued to other person(s) on the application of that Principal Cardholder which are regarded by DBS as supplementary to that Card issued to the Principal Cardholder.
2.4 Loss and Damage: For the purpose of Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above:
2.4.1 the references to loss of or damage to Goods shall mean physical loss or damage but shall not include loss or damage arising from any one or more of the following:
- theft from any unattended vehicle unless all windows were securely closed and all doors and the boot were locked;
- mechanical or electrical breakdown or inherent defects;
- wear and tear, gradual deterioration, depreciation, moth, vermin, process of any cleaning or restoring, or action of light, atmosphere or climatic conditions;
- inherent vice or defects in or the unmerchantable state of the Goods at the time of purchase or delivery to the Cardholder;
- war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurping power, acts of terrorism;
- nuclear explosions, accidents or disaster, radioactive fallout or contamination;
- detention, seizure, confiscation or requisition by any governmental authority;
- sound or pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices;
- earthquake, flood, hurricane, storm, whirlwind, lightning or fire; and
- negligence of the Cardholder or any person in the carriage custody and or care of the Goods in transit; and
2.4.2 the references to loss of or damage to Goods shall not include:
- any loss or damage covered by any policy of insurance in favour of the Cardholder who purchased the Goods or the person for whom the Cardholder purchased the Goods notwithstanding that the insurer thereof may have repudiated liability in respect of the claim therefor; and
- any loss or damage covered by any guarantee or warranty given by the seller, distributor or manufacturer of the Goods.
2.5 Conditions: DBS may impose conditions for the exercise of its discretion under Clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above in relation to any application, which conditions may include any and all of the following:
2.5.1 where the Goods are damaged, delivery of the Goods to DBS upon purchase thereof by DBS;
2.5.2 the execution by that Cardholder who purchased the Goods of all documents and or of all acts and things required or necessary to effect an absolute assignment to DBS of all claims, actions and proceedings which the Cardholder has or may have against any party for the loss of or damage to the Goods in respect of which DBS is requested to exercise its discretion pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 above; and
2.5.3 where the loss or damage was caused by theft burglary or malicious acts, that the Cardholder who purchased the Goods files a written complaint thereof with the police and renders and continues to render all reasonable assistance in the apprehension and punishment of any person responsible for the loss or damage and or in tracing and recovering the Goods.
- APPLICATIONS IN RESPECT OF LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO GOODS
3.1 Applications: Any and all applications for the exercise of DBS's discretion under Clauses 2.1 and or 2.2 above in relation to any lost or damaged Goods must be delivered to the Customer Service Department of DBS:
3.1.1 before the expiry of ten days after the end of the Relevant Period in respect of those Goods; and
3.1.2 before the termination of the Card Account to which the purchase of those Goods was charged and or of the use of the Card to which that Card Account relates.
DBS would not accept any application delivered after the time stipulated in Clauses 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 above.
3.2 Documents: All relevant documents to support the application should be forwarded together with the application for DBS's consideration, including the following documents:
3.2.1 in all cases (as applicable):
- a letter explaining, to the best of the knowledge of the Cardholder who purchased the Goods, the circumstances surrounding the loss or damage;
- all original invoices receipts and sales drafts (or Vision Plus printouts);
- all shipping and insurance documents (including all delivery receipts); and
- photocopies of the relevant pages of the Cardholder's passport to show entry and exit dates from the country in which the Goods were purchased;
3.2.2 in the case of loss of the Goods, a copy of a police report or a statutory declaration from the Cardholder who purchased the Goods to the effect that the Goods were lost or stolen; and
3.2.3 in the case of damage to the Goods:
- a photograph showing the damage; and
- a quotation of the repair cost to such Goods (or an assessment of the value of the damage to such Goods).
3.3 Further Information: DBS may, in order to process any application, request for further documents and/or information. It shall be the duty of every applicant to ensure that all such documents and/or information are provided to ensure that DBS may process and decide on the application expeditiously.
- DBS'S REFUSAL TO EXERCISE DISCRETION
4.1 DBS may reject any application submitted pursuant to Clauses 2.1 or 2.2 above and may refuse to exercise its discretion under any of those Clauses without having to give any reason therefor.
- REVISION AND TERMINATION OF BENEFIT SCHEME
5.1 DBS may terminate or amend, supplement or vary the terms of this Benefit Scheme at any time, in its sole discretion, without having to give any notice thereof or reasons therefor to any or all Cardholders.
DBS Credit Cards
25 days from the date of the statement of account
Finance Charges For Card Transactions
Prevailing interest rate of 27.8% p.a. (subject to compounding if the charges are not repaid in full) on the transaction amount, chargeable on a daily basis from the date of transaction until receipt of full payment. (Minimum charge: S$2.50). No finance charges will be levied if payment is received in full by the “Payment Due Date”, and there is no balance carried forward from the previous statement.
Finance Charges on Cash Advance
Prevailing interest rate of 28.5% p.a. (subject to compounding if the charges are not repaid in full) on the amount withdrawn, chargeable on a daily basis from the date of withdrawal until receipt of full payment. (Minimum charge: S$2.50).
If minimum payment is not received by the payment due date, an additional interest rate of 3% p.a. will be added to the prevailing interest rate of your Card Account, and shall take effect from the day after your next Card Account Statement date. The reinstatement to such prevailing interest rate will be effective on the first working day after your next Statement date once minimum payment is made in full on or before your payment due date.
Minimum Monthly Payment
3% of the statement balance (or S$50, whichever is greater) plus any amount that is overdue and/or exceeds your credit limit.
Late Payment Charge Per Account
S$100 will be levied if minimum payment is not received on the card account by payment due date, provided your outstanding balance is above S$200, with effect from 27 April 2021.
Cash Advance Fee
8% of the amount withdrawn per transaction or S$15, whichever is greater.
Fees for Foreign Currency Transactions
Card transactions in US dollars shall be converted to Singapore dollars on the date of conversion. Transactions in foreign currency other than US Dollars will be converted into US dollars before being converted into Singapore dollars. All conversions shall be based on the prevailing wholesale interbank rates or the government-mandated rate, as shall be determined by the respective card associations, namely VISA International, MasterCard International & American Express International, Inc. The rate used for the conversion may be different from the rate in effect on the date of the transaction due to market fluctuation.
All card transactions in foreign currency (including refunds and reversals) are subject to a charge imposed by the respective card associations, either as a reimbursement charge representing the charge imposed on us or as a direct charge to you. For foreign charges converted by Visa/MasterCard, Visa/MasterCard applies a conversion factor of 1% to the converted amount. For foreign charges converted by American Express, American Express applies a conversion factor of 1% to the converted amount.
An administrative fee for services provided or actions taken by us in relation to such foreign currency transactions shall be payable by you and debited to your Card Account. The prevailing administrative fee is 2.25% of the foreign currency transaction amount for transactions involving VISA International and MasterCard International and 2% of the foreign currency transaction amount for transactions involving American Express International, Inc.
For illustration purpose only:
Dynamic Currency Conversion Fee
If your card transaction is converted to Singapore dollars via dynamic currency conversion (a service offered at selected overseas merchants or websites), you acknowledge that the process of conversion and the exchange rates applied will be determined by the relevant merchant or dynamic currency conversion service provider, as the case may be.
Card transactions converted via dynamic currency conversion (including refunds and reversals) will be subject to an administrative fee of 1% by Visa/MasterCard on the converted Singapore dollar amount, or such other rate as determined by us and notified to you.
For illustration purpose only:
Singapore dollar transactions processed outside Singapore
All card transactions processed outside Singapore but charged in Singapore dollar (i.e. without any currency conversion) (including refunds and reversals) will be subject to an administrative fee of 1% by Visa/MasterCard, which shall be payable by you and debited from your Card account. This includes but is not limited to any card transaction in Singapore dollars on overseas-based websites and mobile applications.
Payment made to your account shall be applied to settle the billed outstanding balances that attract the highest interest first, in the order of outstanding interest, fees and followed by the outstanding principal.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
Limited to S$100 only if :
You shall not be liable for any transactions carried out after we have been notified of the loss, theft or disclosure.
In addition to the above, you shall also be responsible where applicable for the following charges including but not limited to: