Bank Cards - Recent Updates
Bank Cards - Recent Updates
- POSB Everyday Card Loyalty Programme redemption at POPULAR Bookstores
Effective 15 April 2019, the redemption of Daily$ at all POPULAR Bookstores will no longer be available. You will continue to enjoy 0.3% cash rebates for transactions at POPULAR Bookstores, when you charge to your POSB Everyday Card.
- With effect from 16 March 2019, we will be issuing you contactless cards upon renewal or replacement for any of the following:
- DBS Visa Platinum Card
- DBS Mastercard Credit Card
- DBS Mastercard Platinum Card
- DBS NUS Debit Card
- DBS NUS Alumni MC Platinum Card
- POSB Mastercard Credit Card
- With effect from 1 January 2019, DBS Points, Daily$, SAFRA$, HTNS$ will not be awarded for Singtel Dash related transactions.
- Revision of Foreign Currency Transaction Fee
With effect from 2 January 2019, the administrative fee applicable for transactions made in foreign currencies on DBS Visa & DBS/POSB Mastercard Credit Cards (including corporate credit cards) will be revised from 1.8% to 2.0%.
- Revision of Credit Card Prevailing Interest Rate
With effect from 12 December 2018, the prevailing interest rate for computing finance charges applicable to your Card Account (if the entire outstanding balance is not paid in full by payment due date) will be revised from 25.9% p.a. to 26.8% p.a. on the transaction amount, chargeable on a daily basis from the date of transaction until receipt of full payment.
- Revision of Annual Fees for DBS Esso Card
With effect from 12 December 2018, the annual fees for DBS Esso Card will be revised to S$192.60 for Principal Card and S$96.30 for each Supplementary Card.
- Overseas Use of Magnetic Stripe on your DBS/POSB Card
If you have allowed the overseas use of magnetic stripe on your DBS/POSB Card(s), it is recommended that you set the magnetic stripe on your card(s) to disallow overseas use when you are in Singapore. With the magnetic stripe disabled for overseas use, the risk of unauthorised transactions being effected on the card will be reduced.
You may disallow overseas use of the magnetic stripe on your card(s) by sending the following SMS to 77767: Disable <space> overseas <space> card’s last 4 digits. (For example: Disable overseas 1234, where 1234 is the last 4 digits of your card number). You may also disallow the magnetic stripe on your card(s) via iBanking/digibank or any DBS/POSB ATM in Singapore.
Visit www.dbs.com.sg/ms for more details.
- Effective 4 October 2018, the overseas Plus/Cirrus ATM cash withdrawal service charge will be revised from S$5 to S$7 per cash withdrawal. Overseas cash withdrawal with the DBS Visa Debit Card from the respective Multi-Currency Account foreign currency wallets (provided there are sufficient funds in the respective foreign currency) will also be revised from S$5 to S$7 per cash withdrawal and charged in the equivalent foreign currency based on the rate determined by the Bank.
The following preferential service charges will continue:
- A service charge of S$2 per cash withdrawal with the Cirrus Card at the ATMs of Bank of Central Asia (BCA, Indonesia) and Bank of Philippines Island (Philippines) or Plus/Cirrus Card at the ATMs of HDFC (India).
- Cash withdrawal will be free of charge for Plus/Cirrus Card at DBS Hong Kong, DBS Taiwan and Westpac Group ATMs in Australia (Westpac, St. George Bank, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) or Plus Card at DBS India and DBS Indonesia ATMs.
- Cash withdrawal service charge will continue to be waived for DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card, DBS Treasures Visa Debit Card, DBS Treasures Private Client Visa Debit Card and DBS Private Bank Visa Debit Card until further notice.
Click here for more information.
- We have updated the DBS Debit Card Agreement and DBS Credit Card Agreement clause 1.1 as of 6 August 2018. To view the latest card agreements for Debit Card and Credit Card, please visit www.dbs.com.sg/tc.
- With effect from 1 June 2018, monthly cashback earned on DBS Live Fresh Card will be capped at S$20 on eligible Online spend, S$20 on eligible Visa payWave spend and S$20 on all other spend. For details and full terms and conditions, please visit www.dbs.com.sg/livefresh.
With effect 1 May 2018, DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit card will start earning the following cashback with a minimum nett UnionPay spend of S$400 per month.
- 5% Cashback on any spend in Mainland China (CNY)
- 1% Cashback on any other foreign currency
- 0.5% Cashback on all local spend
Cashback will be capped at $50 per month. The full terms and conditions will be available on 1 May 2018
- With effect from 1 April 2018, the cashback benefit will be revised from 0.3% to 5% on local Mastercard contactless through Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay. Visit go.dbs.com/sg-nussu for more details.
- Please be informed of these latest updates to your DBS Visa Debit Card and DBS SUTD Visa Debit Card ("Card"). With effect from 1 March 2018, we are removing the 3 times cash withdrawal condition. By simply keeping your total cash withdrawal below S$400 across all your DBS/POSB Cards at all DBS/POSB ATMs and branches locally, you can enjoy 5% cashback on all local Visa payWave spend on your DBS Visa Debit Card when you spend minimum S$400 on your Card in that month. Check out our website for more exciting news on how to earn even more cashback from March. For details and full terms and conditions, please visit www.dbs.com.sg/visadebit.
- With effect from 26 November 2017, DBS SAFRA Credit Cardmembers and POSB Everyday Cardmembers can convert their respective Loyalty Dollars ie. SAFRA$ or Daily$ into KrisFlyer miles. Transfer must be in blocks of 10,000 KrisFlyer miles and is based on the conversion rate of 245 Loyalty Dollars = 10,000 KrisFlyer Miles. Each conversion is subjected to an administrative fee of S$25 (before GST) and shall be charged to the respective DBS/POSB Credit Card. Here are the ways that you can convert your Loyalty Dollars into KrisFlyer miles:
- Login via iBanking
- Call in to DBS hotline at 1800 111 1111
- With effect from 26 January 2018, DBS Woman’s Card will discontinue the True Fitness & True Yoga Programme. The last day to utilise the complimentary membership would be 25 January 2018. As a DBS Woman’s Cardmember, you continue to earn up to 10X DBS Points on all online purchases. For details, visit www.dbs.com.sg/womans.
- With effect from 1 January 2018, DBS Points will not be awarded for all transactions made on DBS Takashimaya Credit Cards. You will continue to earn Takashimaya Bonus Points for purchases made with DBS Takashimaya Credit Cards at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2. Refer to DBS Rewards Programme Terms & Conditions for full details.
- Effective 1 December 2017, we will be awarding DBS Live Fresh Cardmembers with up to 5% cashback:
- 0.3% cashback on all spend
- Additional 4.7% cashback on Online and Visa payWave spend
With that, we will cease awarding DBS Points for all spend made on your DBS Live Fresh Card and DBS Live Fresh Student Card. You may continue to redeem the balance DBS Points in your Card account until they expire.
- With effect from 1 September 2017, the TapForMore points earn rate on PAssion POSB Debit Card will be revised. Every S$1 spent at Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant or Guardian will be awarded 6 TapForMore points. Terms and conditions apply. Visit www.posb.com.sg/passion for details.
- With effect from 1 October 2017, the 0.3% cashback benefit for DBS SUTD Visa Debit Card will be discontinued.
- With effect from 1 October 2017, DBS Points, Daily$, SAFRA$, HTNS$ and Esso Smiles Points will not be awarded for betting related transactions through any channel.
Refer to the following Terms and Conditions for full details:
- DBS Credit Cards: DBS Rewards Programme Terms & Conditions
- POSB Everyday Card: POSB Everyday Card Agreement
- SAFRA Credit Card: SAFRA DBS Credit Card Cash Rebate Programme Terms & Conditions
- SAFRA Debit Card: SAFRA Debit Card Cash Rebate Programme Terms & Conditions
- HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit Card: HomeTeamNS-Passion-POSB Debit Card Cash Rebate Programme Terms & Conditions
- DBS Esso Card: DBS Esso Card Esso Smiles Promotion Terms & Conditions
- With effect from 1 October 2017, 5% Cashback on DBS Visa Debit Card will be applicable for local Visa payWave transactions up to S$200 per transaction when you pay using Visa payWave, through your card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Android Pay. Simply keep your cash withdrawals to three times or less and within S$400 every month. Please visit dbs.com.sg/visadebit for details.
- With effect from 1 October 2017, levy payments to casinos will not be eligible to earn the 5% Cashback on the DBS Visa Debit Card. Please also be reminded that the 5% Cashback is not eligible for the following transactions: online, signature-based, NETS, EZ-Link Card/NETS FlashPay/EZ-Pay (including top-up), foreign currency transactions, refunded Contactless Spend, bill payments and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) transactions made with Samsung Pay. Please visit dbs.com.sg/visadebit for details.
- With effect from 1 September 2017, DBS Live Fresh Card will cease the rewarding of cashback for levy payments made to local casinos via Visa payWave.
- With effect from 01 July 2017, the 0.3% cashback benefit for DBS Takashimaya Visa Debit Card and PAssion POSB Debit Card will be discontinued. For the latest card benefits, please visit: www.dbs.com.sg.
- With effect from 1 August 2017, the Comfort & CityCab Priority Bookings Programme for the DBS Woman's Card will be discontinued. As a DBS Woman's Cardmember, you can continue to earn up to 10X DBS Points when you ride with Comfort (paying via Masterpass), Grab and Uber.
- The following transactions are disqualified to earn rebates, rewards and will not be deemed as eligible spend for all DBS/POSB Debit Cards promotions, unless stated otherwise:
- payments made via telephone or mail order;
- payments to government institution;
- payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
- (payments to insurance companies;
- utility bill payments;
- payment of funds to prepaid accounts including but not limited to EZ link, Telco topup and merchants who are categorized as “payment service providers”
- payments to schools, hospitals, professional service providers and payment for parking lots;
- payments made via AXS and SAM machines, online/iBanking bill payment transactions, EZ-Reload (Auto Top-Up) transactions and eNets transactions;
- NETS purchases;
- funds transfer;
- cash withdrawals;
- fees charged by DBS; and
- any other transaction determined by DBS from time to time.
- With immediate effect, the 0.3% cashback for PAssion POSB Debit Card and DBS NUSSU Debit Card is capped at S$100 per customer per quarter. Cashback is not available for NETS purchases, interest, AXS and SAM transactions, bill payment, cash withdrawals, balance transfer, fund transfer transactions, and all fees charged by DBS. DBS reserves the right to claw-back the cashback amount without prior notice if it reasonably determines that the customer is not eligible for the cashback, including where the cashback was awarded due to an error, the transaction is cancelled or the transaction is not a retail spend.
We would like to inform you that effective 1 May 2017, we will be awarding you with 1 Esso Smiles Point for every S$10 charged* on your DBS Esso Card for non Esso service station spend.
With this, we will cease awarding DBS Points for all spend made on your DBS Esso Card. The new card face will be issued upon renewal of your existing card; meanwhile please continue to use your existing card to earn your Smiles Points.
Here’s how you can earn and redeem your Smiles Points:
Here’s what you will earn Here’s what you can redeem Fuel purchased at Esso 1 Litre of Synergy fuel = 1 Smiles Point S$10 fuel voucher with 300 Smiles Points
ORS$30 fuel voucher with 750 Smiles Points
Other retail spend (Non Esso service station spend) Every S$10 charged outside of Esso = 1 Smiles Point*
- DBS Bonus Points shall not be awarded for the following online transactions made with the DBS Woman's Card.
- Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS;
- Payments to CardUp, iPaymy and Mileslife;
- Payments to educational institutions;
- Payments to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any other government services not classified here);
- Payments to hospitals;
- Payments to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
- Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
- Payments to non-profit organisations;
- Payments to professional service providers;
- Payments to utility bill companies;
- Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service providers, prepaid cards and any prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay and Transit Link);
- Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS); and
- Any other transactions determined by DBS from time to time.
For full DBS Woman's Card Promotion Terms & Conditions, visit go.dbs.com/sg-wmctnc.
- With effect from 1 May 2017, payments made via CardUp and iPaymy shall not be awarded with the additional bonus DBS Points for the DBS Woman's Card.
- Effective 21 April 2017, the POSB GO!, POSB Active, POSB Multitude and DBS MoneySmart Debit Cards will be discontinued and a PAssion POSB Debit Card will be issued at renewal or replacement of these cards. If you already have a PAssion POSB Debit Card, the account linkages will be transferred to your existing PAssion POSB Debit Card upon expiry or replacement of the discontinued card(s). If you apply for a new PAssion POSB Debit Card and hold any of the discontinued cards, these cards will be closed upon successful activation of your new PAssion POSB Debit Card and the account linkages automatically transferred to your new PAssion POSB Debit Card.
- With effect from 1 April 2017, to enjoy 5% cashback on your DBS Visa Debit Card when you pay using Visa payWave, please keep your cash withdrawals to three times or less every month and below S$400 per month at any DBS/POSB ATMs and branches, and across all your DBS/POSB Cards.
- With effect from 1 April 2017, the 0.3% cashback for transactions on POSB Go!, POSB Multi-tude Debit Cards and POSB Active Debit Card will be discontinued.
- With effect from 14 February 2017, the DBS CapitaCard Card will be renamed to the DBS Visa Platinum Card. This change will be reflected on the monthly statements for Cardmembers with outstanding balances on their card.
- We have updated the DBS Debit Card Agreement to clauses 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 4.6, 5.2 (f), 5.7(e) and 6.2 as of 10 November 2016. Changes will be effective from 16 December 2016. Please click here for a copy of the DBS Debit Card Agreement.
- With effect from 1 December 2016, the administrative fee applicable for transactions made in foreign currencies on DBS Visa Credit Cards & DBS/POSB MasterCard Credit Cards will be revised from 1.5% to 1.8% respectively.
- With effect from 19 November 2016, upon renewal of annual DBS Altitude Card membership and payment of principal Card annual fee, bonus 5,000 DBS Points (equivalent to 10,000 miles) will be credited to the principal Card account when annual fee of S$192.60 is charged. If the annual fee is automatically or subsequently waived, 5,000 DBS Points given will be reversed upon annual fee waiver. For full terms and conditions, click here.
- With effect from 19 November 2016, the 1% cash rebate on your POSB Everyday Card for SP Services and StarHub will be credited by the end of the following calendar month on the month the transaction is made.
No cash rebates will be awarded beyond the maximum spend of S$100 per month.
- With effect from 1 November 2016, the SAFRA DBS Credit Card cash rebate will be revised to:
Your Spend on SAFRA DBS Credit Card Cash Rebate Local MasterCard® contactless transactions 3% Online 3% All other retail transactions 0.3%
Other terms apply.
- With effect from 1 Nov 2016, the parking privilege for DBS Takashimaya Credit Cards will be revised:
- Receive S$6 top-up to your cashcard with min. S$250 spent at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2.
- To redeem, please present your DBS Takashimaya Credit Card, Cashcard and max 3-same day combined charge slips at Customer Service Centre, Level 3. Limited to 1 redemption per Cardmember per day.
- From 1 October 2016, the administrative fee for transactions made via Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) and transactions that are processed outside Singapore but charged in Singapore dollars shall be revised from 0.8% to 1% for DBS Visa Credit Cards.
- With effect from 23 July 2016, DBS Visa Debit Card will discontinue the 0.3% Cashback benefit on the card. Please visit dbs.com.sg/visadebit for further updates.
- With effect from 1 July 2016, the HomeTeamNS-PAssion-POSB Debit Card cash rebate will be revised to:
Your Spend Cash Rebate Local MasterCard® contactless transactions 2% Online transactions 1% All other retail transactions 0.3%
Minimum spend of S$400 via MasterCard® per calendar month is required to qualify for the cash rebate, no minimum spend required for full time National Servicemen (NSF). Cash rebate will be credited to the Cardmember’s Card account in the form of HomeTeamNS$ within 90 days of the following month and can be redeemed at all HomeTeamNS clubhouses and participating merchants. Other terms apply.
- With effect from 1 July 2016, the SAFRA DBS Debit Card cash rebate will be revised to:
Your Spend on SAFRA DBS Debit Card Cash Rebate Local MasterCard® contactless transactions 2% Online 1% All other retail transactions 0.3%
Other terms apply.
- With effect from 1 June 2016, DBS CapitaCard Card and DBS CapitaCard Debit Card will be discontinued. As such, your DBS CapitaCard Card and supplementary card(s) (if any) have been automatically closed from that date.
For more information, click here for "Frequently Asked Questions".
- With effect from 1 June 2016, the annual fees for DBS Takashimaya Visa Card will be revised to S$192.60 for Principal Card and S$96.30 for each Supplementary Card.
- With effect from 1 May 2016, the POSB Everyday Card cash rebates will be revised:
Your Spend Cash Rebate SPC 6% Sheng Siong 5% Watsons 3% StarHub 1% SP Services 1% Other participating merchants Up to 40% All other spend 0.3%
Terms and conditions apply.
- With effect from 1 June 2016, the DBS Altitude Card's miles earn rate for online Flight and Hotel transactions will be revised to 3 miles per S$1 spent (capped at S$5,000 per month).
- With effect from 11 March 2016, the minimum income requirement for card application for DBS Black Card, DBS Altitude Card and DBS Takashimaya American Express® Card will be reduced to:
- S$30,000 and above per annum (Singaporean)
- S$45,000 and above per annum (Foreigner)
- Registration and top-up charges for NETS FlashPay Auto Top-Up (ATU) by Credit/Debit Card and GIRO are currently waived till 31 March 2016. From 1 April 2016, an Auto Top-Up fee of $0.25 (GST inclusive) will be charged for each Auto Top-Up transaction by Credit/Debit Card and $0.15 (GST inclusive) for each Auto Top-Up transaction by GIRO.
- With effect from 1 April 2016, your DBS Live Fresh Card benefits will be revised:
Your Spend What You Get Back Online Purchases 3X DBS Points Local Visa payWave Transactions 3X DBS Points
- With effect from 1 April 2016, your DBS Black American Express® Card benefits will be revised:
Earn 1X Rewards (1 DBS Point or 2 miles for every S$5 spend) for everything you charge to your DBS Black American Express® Card.
- Please note the following change to our DBS Takashimaya Cards effective 1 May 2016:
Purchases at BEST DENKI, Ngee Ann City will not be eligible for Takashimaya Bonus Points.
- Continuing our ‘Go Green’ journey, effective 1 October 2015, the Bank will cease to mail out debit card statements of debit card whose primary account tagged to it is a POSB Passbook Savings Account.
However as part of our concern on the security of your card usage, for debit card transactions that are of a higher risk such as card-not-present purchases (online or mail-order/telephone-order transactions) that do not require 3D secure technology One-Time-Pin sent to your bank-registered mobile number or magnetic stripe “Swipe” purchases overseas, the bank will be sending you statements for the month where you have incurred these purchases so that you are kept updated.
Customers are encouraged to update their passbook regularly to track their transactions or upgrade their POSB Passbook Savings Account to a POSB eSavings Account at any branch or via iBanking to enjoy the convenience of eStatement that they can view anytime, anywhere.
- All debit card retail transactions in foreign currency are subject to a charge imposed by the respective card associations (Visa/MasterCard), either as a reimbursement charge representing the charge imposed on us or as a direct charge to you. For foreign currency transactions converted by card associations, a conversion factor of 1% is applied to the converted amount. In addition, an administrative fee for services provided or actions taken by us in relation to such foreign currency transactions shall be payable by you and debited from your Card Account. With effect from 1 September 2015, our administrative fee will be revised from 2% to 2.25% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount for foreign currency retail transactions involving VISA/MasterCard Debit Cards.
- The amount withdrawn at overseas ATMs with your ATM/Credit/Debit Cards is subject to a charge imposed by the respective Visa/MasterCard card associations, either as a reimbursement charge representing the charge imposed on us or as a direct charge to you. With effect from 1 September 2015, the total administrative fee will be revised from 3% to 3.25% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount for the foreign currency amount withdrawn (comprising a charge of up to 1% by the respective Visa/MasterCard card associations) and this fee shall be payable by you and debited from your Card Account.
- In line with MAS' issuance of Banking (Credit card and Charge card) Regulations 2013 and MAS Notice 635 on 29 November 2014, please take note of the key regulation changes applicable for Credit Cards and Unsecured facilities holders. Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- In line with an industry-wide initiative led by the Association of Banks in Singapore, we have replaced the Magnetic Stripe ATM Cards to the Chip ATM Cards. Effective 1 April 2015, only chip-cards will be accepted for NETS transactions and at DBS/POSB ATMs and CAMs. For more information, please click here for the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Enjoy fee waiver on your cash withdrawal in Australia at over 3,000 Westpac Group ATMs (Westpac, St. George Bank, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) with your DBS/POSB Cards with Plus/ Cirrus logos from 1 April 2015. List of Westpac Group ATMs (including Westpac, St. George Bank, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA branded ATMs nationwide) can be found on http://www.westpac.com.au/locateus/. Other charges apply. Please click here for details.