500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Manulife SmartRetire (II)
At a Glance
Choice to receive a Target Retirement Sum1 (lump sum) or monthly Target Retirement Income1 (stream of income) to meet your desired retirement lifestyle
Provides coverage2 for Death, Waiver of Premium Benefit on Cancer (for the policyowner) and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)
Refund of Cost of Insurance (COI)3 if protection benefits are not utilised
Diversify your portfolio with Manulife SmartRetire (II) – a whole-life regular-premium, investment-linked insurance plan that is customised to your goals and budget. Plan your retirement well with our curated suite of funds. Enjoy peace of mind with a lump sum return or stream of income from as early as age 40.
Features & Benefits
- Choice of Target Retirement Age – 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 or 70 years old
- Choice of Retirement Goal – Target Retirement Sum1 (lump sum) or Target Retirement Income1 (monthly stream of income)
- Choice of Retirement Period (for Target Retirement Income option only) – 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 years
- Choice of Minimum Investment Period4 – 5, 8, 12 or 16 years
- Choice of professionally-managed funds
Peace of mind
- Guaranteed acceptance with no medical check-up required
- Protection2 for Death, Waiver of Premium on Cancer (for policyowner) and Total and Permanent Disability
- Get additional protection with Loss of Independence benefits5 with Target Retirement Income option plans
Refund of Cost of Insurance (COI)3
- COI charged during the course of your policy will be refunded to you if the protection benefits are not utilised
Make your investments work harder
- 100% of basic premiums paid will be used to invest into one of more fund(s) of your choice
- Enjoy a head-start with a Welcome Bonus6 of additional fund(s) units
- Be rewarded with a yearly Loyalty Bonus6 of additional fund(s) units starting from the Accumulation Period
- Unlimited free fund switches
How it Works
How to Apply
1 At the point of policy application, you are required to select your target retirement goal - Target Retirement Sum or Target Retirement Income that you aim to receive at/starting from the Target Retirement Age. The policy does not offer any guarantee that the selected Target Retirement Sum or Target Retirement Income will be achieved as it is dependent on the actual fund(s) performances meeting the illustrated investment rate of return.
2 Terms and Conditions apply. Please refer to the Product Summary for specific definitions.
3 If the Death and Waiver of Premium Benefit on Cancer are not claimed during Minimum Investment Period, the cost of insurance charged will be refunded in units during Accumulation Period over 5 policy years. If the Death and TPD benefit are not claimed during Accumulation Period, the cost of insurance charged will be refunded in units during Retirement Period over 5 policy years.
4 Refers to the period that charges will be imposed if premiums are missed or partial/full surrender is made.
5 Diagnosis of the Loss of Independence (LOI) must be confirmed and certified by a medical examiner. As long as the life insured meet the LOI definition during the target retirement period, Manulife will pay the LOI income that is equivalent to 50% of the target retirement income of the basic policy selected at inception. This benefit ends immediately on the date the life insured recovers and is no longer in the state of LOI. If the life insured has recovered but lose his/her independence once more, the life insured is entitled to this benefit again as long as the life insured continues to meet the LOI definition.
6 Welcome bonus will be credited into your account in the first 12 months upon receipt of each regular basic premium payment in the form of additional units. Yearly Loyalty Bonus will be paid starting from the next policy anniversary immediately aﬅer the end of Minimum Investment Period and every year thereaﬅer until the end of the policy term in form of additional units. Terms and Conditions apply. Please refer to Product Summary for specific definitions.
7 Dependent on market performance.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 2 January 2021.
DBS Insurance Important Notes
Easier Way To Multiply Your Money
Already crediting your salary with us? Earn up to 3.00% p.a. interest on your DBS Multiplier Account when you purchase selected insurance plans with us or transact in other eligible categories.
Find out more here.